coromandel dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yourmomm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey. I'm a fairly new, proud owner of a beaten-up, battered (but very sound) old 3.5m rib, and am looking for dive sites in coromandel area to try it out on...obviously not too far from shore, although the Aldermans will be doable on a calm day, after I get all the required safety equipment...

I'm after gps coordinates or locations of any decent dive sites in the area, especially mercury islands or aldermans. Wont be doing any deep water anchoring in this little boat, so I think places like castle rock are ruled out(?), but any advice greatfully received:) so far ive gone to south sunk rock a few times and have loved it there, but would like to spread my wings and explore new sites...but would appreciate some guidance to narrow my search area...

Many thanks in advance

Ryan

Hey,
I'm a California diver coming to Christchurch in Mid July as a part of a NASA science mission. Do you know if it would be possible to get some dives in that area? I can bring a lot of my gear or rent it if the water is not too cold.
I have a 7mm wetsuit for California channel island dives. Is that enough or is it dry suit temperatures?
Thanks for any information you can give me.
Do you know a dive shop near CHCH?

Back
Top Bottom