Coronavirus at the beach? Uh-oh...maybe no diving for a while.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even if the beach or ocean was safe, we can’t get close without getting a ticket.

I was fine for a week or two but now I’m starting to jones a dive.

At least you are still in Hawaii. Keep your hands washed though.

I read stories of closing beaches and think, why? And then I see local reports of the cars lined up at trail heads and people crowding the parking areas. Folks that have flexible work from home schedules are clogging up the out of doors. So yep, we are also closing some of our trail heads and state recreation areas. Nutty times to say the least.

Same problem here which is why I joined, to find out. Go at off times, use discretion, be smart and be safe!

Same problem here which is why I joined, to find out. Go at off times, use discretion, be smart and be safe!

Just make sure that you aren't in an area that has fines. But I definitely agree with going at off hours or less visited locations.

This "scientist" proposes that coronavirus somehow is concentrated in and survives the salt water at the beach and then is aerosolized in the surf, making the air near the beach a vector for transmission meaning that most who breathe within a certain distance from the surf for a certain length of time will contact coronavirus. Has this hypothesis been validated by experimentation or any other scientists wild ass assertions?

Diving has been banned here for a while. My gills are shriveling up. I think it may be "essential" that I get in the water soon!

I’m near the point where I would pay a million bucks to dive in hazardous ocean water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom