Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ontdiver I would not expect a response just from a forum post. You see the same complaining over in the manufacturer forums without realizing there is not an employee or rep from the company even checking the forum

the thread by @Dive and Cruise was updated also that they are offering free rebooking for one year

I take your point completely. I didn't really expect a response, but wanted to go through the exercise nonetheless.

It looks like Aggressor is doing the right thing. My trip to Socorro is just beyond the cancellation window now, but things are changing quickly. Mexico isn't being very aggressive at the moment, though.

It looks like Aggressor is doing the right thing. My trip to Socorro is just beyond the cancellation window now, but things are changing quickly. Mexico isn't being very aggressive at the moment, though.

What does that mean? Your trip is a go? For when?

My trip starts on April 22, beyond the current cut-off for the new cancellation policy. I expect that might change as things progress, though.

Reactions: Dan
Thanks, Ron. I am leaning toward trusting them to do the right thing myself based on their latest post.

I heard from my source that Aggressor is only offering vouchers for trips they decide to cancel. Every other situation is handled per their existing cancellation policy.

I heard from my source that Aggressor is only offering vouchers for trips they decide to cancel. Every other situation is handled per their existing cancellation policy.
Does this change your previous lean?

Does this change your previous lean?
Still on first cup of coffee so haven't decided. Since we don't/won't have perfect information and lack a crystal ball I'm going to have to wing it no matter what. In 3 months I suspect a lot of this will be behind us and as along as travel is allowed I see no reason not to go (kind of doubt borders will still be closed in 3 mos). The problem will be if there is a lengthy quarantine period on the destination side that would require me to get in country like 2-3 weeks early just for a 1 week LOB or a massive cutting of flights by airlines as a result of economic impact between now and then. I could see those issues or others like them popping up which would allow Aggressor to technically say the charter isn't cancelled, but effectively render it impossible to get on board. That would be the worst case scenario (other than getting coronavirus between now and then and dying of course).

ok, finished second cup of coffee and do find myself leaning toward cancelling today. What I received from my source was the below statement from Aggressor that is dated today.

We just learned this morning that the Dominican Republic will be closing all land, sea, and air borders for the next 15 days. This will be effective tomorrow at 6am. With this restriction we will have no choice but to cancel our charters set to depart 3/21 and 3/28. We will await further news regarding future charters beyond that date.

We are issuing vouchers for guests due to travel on these charters for use on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor within the next 12 months
That is great that they are issuing vouchers, but the problem is today is only 2 days away from the charter they cancelled on the 21st. That would be too late to cancel the other boat diving I have planned, the resort I am staying in prior to departure or the flights so I would end up having to eat all those costs which would make the delta between that and losing the 40% negligible. If they were a little more proactive in calling it then it would be more workable, but since the resorts/hotels and local boats generally have a 15 day cancellation policy this seems to be a bit of a Kobayashi Maru.

ok, finished second cup of coffee and do find myself leaning toward cancelling today. What I received from my source was the below statement from Aggressor that is dated today.

That is great that they are issuing vouchers, but the problem is today is only 2 days away from the charter they cancelled on the 21st. That would be too late to cancel the other boat diving I have planned, the resort I am staying in prior to departure or the flights so I would end up having to eat all those costs which would make the delta between that and losing the 40% negligible. If they were a little more proactive in calling it then it would be more workable, but since the resorts/hotels and local boats generally have a 15 day cancellation policy this seems to be a bit of a Kobayashi Maru.

Have you tried phoning them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom