CoronaVirus Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why are you recommending a mask when the experts say it has no protective value?
If you have lived through Avian flu, SARS, Swine and MERS.
All the experts in HK are recommending one.
HK is densely populated with over 7M and only have 114 confirmed case since 23rd Jan.
What is the population in Northern Italy and how many confirmed case they have over a much shorter period of time?

Is there evidence other than possible coincidence that the mask helps? I do understand it is good for those who ARE infected to wear the mask, so I suppose if EVERYONE wears one than this goal is indeed achieved. But does wearing one help an otherwise healthy person?

John Travolta? I have recently thought about re-watching Andromeda Strain...

Boy in the Bubble.

Regardless of what others say I think the mask helps. Everyone keeps saying “don’t touch your face” so wearing something that covers %75 of your face can’t be a bad idea!

It provides a warm wet environment just in front of your nose. Ideal for breeding bacteria and virus.

So what do you do with a mustache and beard? I'm not shaving.

The experts say that masks have no value in preventing infection in healthy people because the virus is small enough to bypass the fibers of the mask material. Masks only help sick people from broadcasting the virus from coughing or sneezing. Doctors don’t wear surgical masks to prevent getting something, they wear masks during surgery to prevent the patient from getting something they may have.
If you’re so worried about the possibility of open air infection then wear a sealed hazmat suit with an SCBA.

The experts say that masks have no value in preventing infection in healthy people because the virus is small enough to bypass the fibers of the mask material. Masks only help sick people from broadcasting the virus from coughing or sneezing. Doctors don’t wear surgical masks to prevent getting something, they wear masks during surgery to prevent the patient from getting something they may have.
If you’re so worried about the possibility of open air infection then wear a sealed hazmat suit with an SCBA.

Drysuit and full faced mask. WE ARE READY!!!!!!

The experts say that masks have no value in preventing infection in healthy people because the virus is small enough to bypass the fibers of the mask material. Masks only help sick people from broadcasting the virus from coughing or sneezing.
Reread those 2 sentences...

Back
Top Bottom