Correy Fedor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Correy Fedor, from San Jose, CA, died Thursday morning as of yet unknown cause
during a dive in Carmel Bay.
http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_13176340?nclick_check=1

I didn't know Correy well, but he was the mate on the Cypress Sea when my wife and
I dove with Capt. Phil in June. The already long thread in the NorCal forum is a good
indication of how well liked Correy was. He was one of the nicest mates I've ever had
the pleasure of riding a boat with, and with his passing the northern California dive
community is infinitely poorer.

My condolences and prayers to all those who were close to Correy.

Correy's brother Jarred asked me to post this video tribute. Its on Facebook; I think you have to login to FB to view it.

Login | Facebook

There is also a condolence thread working in the California Kelp Divers\NorCal forum here on SB with the title "Sad News Today".

Correy is being sadly missed by many in the Bay Area diving community as well as by his family.

MPM

Last edited:
I'm just met Correys Dad, Joe this am, while out on patrol, I came across a guy dumping trash in a business dumpster, I approached him & ran his ID & registration, came back fine, he immediately started pulling the trash bags back from the dumpster at this business & was putting them back in his van. I asked why he has so much trash & wasn't disposing of it at his residence, he started telling me of his son, Correy who had recently died in a scuba accident & told me of all the house guests & people he had. My entire body shook as he told his story because I read it when it happened, I am an occasional diver but truly love the sport & people who pursue it. Tears welled up in my eyes as I started to help him put the trash bags back into the dumpster, we didn't even know as Joe was retrieving bags from the dumpster I was taking them from his van & putting them back in the dumpster. This went on for a few moments then we both realized we were working against each other. I helped him finish unloading his trash, we sat & talked, then drove down the road for coffee, my treat! We sat at the coffee shop as he told me the entire story, people looked at us strangely as we spoke & cried together, for I too have a son about 21 years old. Unfortunately I received a code 3 call & had to leave, my heart goes out to Joe & his family, I'm still in tears, Joe assured me his son Correy died doing his passion, diving! My life will forever be changed by this moment, I called my son & woke him to tell him how much he means to me & I love him,he uttered a few words to me & hung up. Thank You Joe for your son Correy. He has blessed us all!!

Sheriff on Patrol

I just saw the news about Correy and had to search if it was the same guy that helped me learn to dive at West Valley College. It was very sad to learn that it was. Correy was the nicest guy and a great teacher. I took the class with many young people and Correy had great patience with them (and me). He also made me feel very welcome on all the dive trips, especially on the trip to Catalina where he was the only one who volunteered to dive with me. It was my first real trip, and he took me out on an early morning dive that was a little difficult for a beginner like me, but he was a great partner.

I couldn't find any followup on the original articles about his last dive, but I would like to know if there has been any word on what happened. I know Correy knew what he was doing, which makes it even scarier.

The facebook tribute is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom