Corrugated Hose on Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, you can do a little better than that....

Part # 111-9000L-16 is the complete 16" assembly.

Part # 111-9000L-19 is the complete 19" assembly.

Part # 111-9000L-23 is the complete 23" assembly.

Each of those assemblies has a MSRP of right around $31.

Now...because I know that someone will ask eventually:

165-1016 is the part number for the 16" hose only.

165-1019 is the part number for the 19" hose only.

165-1018 is the part number for the 23" hose only.

Each of those hoses retails for about $20.

If you want an Elbow only - instead of an RE - you would want Part # 111-9027, which retails for about $10.

I think that is everthing you need to know about that... :)

Scott

Does the Express Tech use the same hose and RE as the ranger?
I am thinking about putting a 23" assembly on my ranger so that I can have a little more head movement to the right and a little less pull on the mouth piece when I'm using my SS1.

Does the Express Tech use the same hose and RE as the ranger?
I am thinking about putting a 23" assembly on my ranger so that I can have a little more head movement to the right and a little less pull on the mouth piece when I'm using my SS1.

...a 23" corrugated hose is a bit on the long side......I'm running 19" ones on all my BC's/wings (and I'm NOT using an Air-2 style octo, but 'real' octos). If you're not careful, as you dive in the usual horizontal attitude, you will see your long corrugated hose dangling way below you, dragging/snagging the coral/bottom...annoying! I use a loop of surgical tubing to 'contain' the upper end of the corrugated hose......and I'm doing something that's most definitely NOT DIR to stabilize the lower end of the corrugated hose....I'm experimenting with attaching 3.75" SS suicide clips to the ends of my corrugated hoses and clipping those ends to fixed-bent D-rings on my BC shoulder straps.......so if I need to hug the reef or go through a narrow passage/swimthrough, I can clip off the BC hose so it's not dangling.

....I do need to mention that while the use of bungie/surgical tubing loops to contain/stabilize a BC hose is a common practice, my use of the suicide clips is NOT a generally accepted practice......I'm an experienced diver who's VERY familiar with my own gear....moreover, I've installed a shoulder-dump valve so that if for any reason the SS-clip were to jam/hang up, I could still easily vent the wing via that back-up method.

I design my own custom gear...and I often think outside-the-box, so my solution/suggestions are MINE alone and not endorced my any training agencies to my knowledge....so if you want to try that option, at least make sure you have a shoulder dump release valve to vent gas if for any reason the SS clip were to jam/hang up.

Scott - I ordered the 16" hose and the (non-pull-dump) elbow connector. When removing the pull dump and replacing it, is it just a pressure connection or is there any sealant used?

Any tricks, tips, or documentation on doing this?

Thanks.

No sealant needed.

Unscrew the RE from the bladder, and make sure you don't lose the rubber gasket.

When putting the new elbow on, just replace the gasket, and make sure that you do NOT crossthread it when screwing it down. Make it as tight as you can with your hand, then inflate the BC fully and either check it for leaks in the tub or let it sit overnight.

That's really all there is to it.

No sealant needed.

Unscrew the RE from the bladder, and make sure you don't lose the rubber gasket.

When putting the new elbow on, just replace the gasket, and make sure that you do NOT crossthread it when screwing it down. Make it as tight as you can with your hand, then inflate the BC fully and either check it for leaks in the tub or let it sit overnight.

That's really all there is to it.

Ah, I love simplicity. Too bad the rest of my life isn't an simple.

Thanks Scott, your support here has made Zeagle a top brand for me.

Back
Top Bottom