Cost of getting into cave diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where the heck did that come from and is it real? i mean.. do people really sit around waiting in water for a bucket to come scoop them up.. and then what do you do after that.. how do you get out? because usualy when water is dumped it is done over a forest area.. confused :)

Kray_Z:
where the heck did that come from and is it real? i mean.. do people really sit around waiting in water for a bucket to come scoop them up.. and then what do you do after that.. how do you get out? because usualy when water is dumped it is done over a forest area.. confused :)
I saw it on CSI...it must be true.

Kray_Z:
The page is a joke, based on an urban myth about the burnt up scuba diver supposedly found in the trees after a forest fire. It was recently debunked on MythBusters. No way it could happen.

Fun story, tho. :)

daniel f aleman:
Of course, cave diving is now passe...

More lip service from the dive god.....

I became a divemaster to defray my gear costs when I started cave diving about 10 years ago. You might consider that option.

gr8ful divr:
I'm hoping to eventually get into cave diving pretty seriously. I'm wondering what kind of costs I can expect from training, gear and any other misc expenses. If anyone could give a breakdown I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.

Cave diving can be expensive,and it can be a deep money pit,but that can relative to the extent a person wants to cave dive. Looking at your profile of less than 50 dives,a cavern class in your near future may be the best suggestion. This would allow you to get a taste of what this is all about,with a very minimal outlay of cash for instruction and a few equipment items you'll need-typically what you have for open water diving is aqequate.

Jason B gives good advice - You don't have to buy all the gear in one day and complete the class in a week. Take the classes one at a time and buy the gear as needed, but keeping an eye on the final goal so you purchase the gear you need to cave dive.

Don't try going cheap on the gear or training. All that specialized gear and training is designed to keep you alive in a fascinating, but alien world. Taking time before, between and after the classes to get used to the gear, practice the skills, and gain experience.

Enjoy the Journey!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom