Cost of Manual Pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njclifford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,

looking at the Divecon cross over course... the course i cheap, but $399 for the manual seems a bit steep?

Is the manual a pre-requisite and can it be purchased online?

Thanks

Nick

$400 for "materials" is crap... they dont even rape you That bad in college for books (although it IS pretty bad)... whats the actual Course cost ?

No online purchase and I am assuming it is a course as well but I don't know what store is selling you this and they would be better able to explain the cost break down.

Howdy - I am still awaiting some answer on this...

The COURSE is $199 + Course Materials which the shop sell for $399.

I am assuming this is the SAME pack that a Dive COn gets as the FULL Dive Con course is the SAME manual cost.

SO, the TOTAL course cost is $598.....

I am a PADI DM with the Enclyopedia etc. and feel a bit annoyed at having to spend $400 JUST to get the cross over certification.

Does ANYONE sell second hand SSI books? I know SCUBA.COM sells manuals online (PADI, TDI etc), but NO WHERE can I find SSI.

Please someone HELP ME on this!!!

Thanks!

I am assuming this is the SAME pack that a Dive COn gets as the FULL Dive Con course is the SAME manual cost.

I am a PADI DM with the Enclyopedia etc. and feel a bit annoyed at having to spend $400 JUST to get the cross over certification.

Does ANYONE sell second hand SSI books? I know SCUBA.COM sells manuals online (PADI, TDI etc), but NO WHERE can I find SSI.

Thanks!

the price is what it is..Especially being an SSI facility I would not be petty and complain about the cost of a set of materials that you need to complete the course.After all ,being an SSI facility if you piss them off,what are you going to do with your new rating??You have to go thru the facility to get any work and if they feel that you are a pain to deal with and not a team player they will NEVER give you any chance to use the rating.Its not like you can become an independent and work on your own away from that facility.

suck it up or don't bother to cross over, the cost of the pack goes some way to pay for your cheap cross over :~)

Thanks!

The Divecon book must be registered with SSI. That's why you don't find them online. Do I agree with the cost of it? Not totally but it is their playhouse.

If you're annoyed at crossing over to SSI, you ought to see the cost I was qouted to crossover from Divecon to PADI divemaster.

Which version of te book are they selling you, there are 2 versions, the price seems like they are selling you the full package. The book however when ordered from SSI must be identified as to whom is recieving it, hence the reason you wont find it online, they really deter the dealer from buying the kit without a student name. Good luck with your course, as if its taught correctly you will find a complete different experience from your divemaster course due to the additional materials and responsibilities.

If you really think the cost is high then you really need to see what PADI and NAUI charge for their course materials and then what the tuition is. You will find out that your cost is quite reasonable and fair, my DiveCon materials were well worth the price..all in leather binder., etc..and all materials needed..all you get from PADI and NAUI is a paper textbook..No one can touch SSI for their student materials and books..they are the best available in price and quality,,Good Luck with your development

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom