Could The World's Worst Airport Be In Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 'plane bones' in the water at the end of EVERY runway.

btw- if you "need" a fire truck to survive a crash, it doesn't matter if it's horse drawn or turbo. You're dead.

You're still referring to safety, while I'm focused on amenities. It was bassackwards, to say the least.

When I first saw this thread, I was thinking it wasn't so bad, but I hadn't been there in awhile and didn't remember it. Having just gotten back from there, I still don't think it's the world's worst (scuba) airport, but it does kinda suck. But that's mostly because it's so over capacity, otherwise it would be passable as a typical old little Caribbean airport. Definitely much better if you are not there at peak time. Opt for an earlier flight, or get there that early anyway so you don't get stuck in the humongous security line. That way you can at least score a seat in the waiting area, and have plenty of time to wait 30 minutes for a sandwich. On the downside, I think all the toilets in the woman's restroom failed while we were there, or possibly the water to them failed. I was sad for a couple folks in our group that were flying Delta, this was during the weather fiasco and they got stuck in there until evening sometime.

(My vote for worst is Yap, unless it's improved since we were there.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom