Couple 'o SoCal's invade MoCal for Weekend Fun!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
my princess feet
That 'splains everything! Your size 4 princess feet cannot comprehend the glory of the birthplace of West Coast diving and PUNK ROCK!!!

Robert Phillips:
That 'splains everything! Your size 4 princess feet cannot comprehend the glory of the birthplace of West Coast diving and PUNK ROCK!!!

I got yer CBGB right here, pal... :mooner:

when are we diving?

---
Ken

Ken, it was great hangin' and diving with Guys! I'm really glad it turned out to be a scooter trip. I've been known to prefer scooter dives over kick dives :D The runs around Ball Buster were amazing with the scooters.

Highlights of your trip for me?

1) Claudette stopping the team just to give her scooter a hug.

2) You referring to Plumes drip coffee process as "main lining" coffee. That is still cracking me up.

-Chris

Many Fav mements:

* Cali, watching you lobby and negotiate a group that had decided AGAINST Turtle Bay a moment earlier, only to have them all a moment later agree to lunch at TB. Again. You are priceless, Carnegie.

* Hooka Argon - friggen Ben is another classic. Open bar!

* Eagle Eye Kevin spotting the 4" White Lined Dorid Nudi 20 feet below as we speed by on the scoots. What up, Steve Austin?

* Jonathan - You're serious, man - but you're a giver. Everyday you came through for all of us. Its how you roll. Thanks for everything.

* The four scooter pile up on Sunday. Memo to self: When the guys say "to get back, you just scoot south west until you hit the breakwall..." they mean until you hit the guy (or chica) in front of you, who hit the guy, who hit the guy who HIT the breakwall...

* There is never enough time in MoCal. Even three days of diving wasn't enough.

* Main Lining the coffee at Plumes. Dude, you gotta skip the cup and get your grill all up in there and just take it direct.

* The 5 minute (literally) boat ride back to the dock after diving Shale island. That would be an amazing dive for a Nudi Nerd like me with clear viz. I can't believe its 5 minutes from the harbor.

* Cali's very inadequate Scooter briefing. Dude... c'mon. Jib to port or starboard. :11: You could have said something before I snapped on. Thanks for looking out, pal...

* Tritip sandwiches at the landing. Who knew?

* Me and Chica finding the line our first time out to the barge by ourselves!

* Cricket and her creepy eyeball hat. Love the hood, but that place scares me.

So many memories burned deep into my mind. The most vivid is the kindness and generosity of the people up there - from you and Ben, to Kev, Jonathan, AG, Echo and everyone else we met. I can see why some of you drive hours to hang and dive up there. What a place. What a community. I learned so much, and had such a great time.

We'll be back real soon, I'm sure.

---
Ken

K&C,
It was great hosting you guys... It's nice to see great divers with skilz "bring it on..." Just throw these two some X-Scooters and step back.

The vis is back... you guys can come back now :) The boat trip was a blast... too bad we couldn't get around to Carmel and the weather wasn't the greatest... but we had fun anyway. Come back soon.

Ben

Man, I'm jealous!

But I get to come dive SoCal on Saturday! Hooray for the Yukon and finishing Wreck Pen 1. JT will be taking video. :D

* Cali's very inadequate Scooter briefing. Dude... c'mon. Jib to port or starboard. You could have said something before I snapped on. Thanks for looking out, pal...

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Ken -- Three days is NOT enough, and the community of divers you and we met in Monterey is a wonderful, generous and FUN group of people.

Gotta figure out when to go back . . .

Well, hope Saturday night is clear enough for the night dive.

Mo2vation:
Many Fav mements:

* Main Lining the coffee at Plumes. Dude, you gotta skip the cup and get your grill all up in there and just take it direct.

---
Ken

That would be 'weazing the ju...ice!'

Robert Phillips:
That would be 'weazing the ju...ice!'

Thank you for knowing that.

You're scaring me for knowing that.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom