courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobcarr

Reaction score
hi all from australia
all is great
i was wondering is it a good idea to do other
courses like caving wreak etc
nice to hear from u all brendan thanks all who have been reply to my posts:) :mean:

The more classes you take the more comfortable you will become in the water. If cave and wreck diving are what interest you then go for it. Just remember that you will learn technical skills in these classes that you may forget if you don't practice them regularly. You should get as many advanced classes such as AOW, Rescue Diver, Master Diver and whatever other courses may be offered in your area as you can before venturing into the technical diving area though. Getting those certifications will give you time to get experience in many different diving environments and to meet the number of logged dives required by the training agencies before they allow you to participate in technical diving courses. I know NAUI requires a minimum age of 21 for their Tri-Mix Diver and Technical Wreck diver courses, I don't know the age requirements of any of the other training agencies for cave and wreck diving courses but I'll bet it's no less than 18.

Good luck! Keep learning, this is a good place to get all kinds of information.

Ber :bunny:

Like Ber said,

A good diver is always training. There is information that you can learn in both classes and skills you can work on that will benefit in all of your diving.
OTH.... I think you should take an advanced class and probably a rescue class before you begin technical classes.

Happy Holidays

Tom

Aspiring to tech diving within caves or shipwrecks is an admirable goal and one that I share. While I enjoy looking at any marine life underwater, seeing things that very few people (let alone divers) will ever see adds to my antcipation.

Tom's advice is sound....take every training class that you qualify for, especially Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver. AOW will build upon what you learned in OW and also expose you to some of the specialties that divers do, such as night, navigation, photography, dry suit, and others.

Rescue will teach you not only how to assist another diver in distress, but how to keep a rescue from happening through prevention.

Best advice is to keep diving every chance you get, and always practice the skills you learn. Just like the Aussie Cricketers and Footies, practice makes perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom