Court TV on Steve Donathan Tonight --

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
--- Taken from another email I recieved this morning ---

Word is that a new show called Beach Patrol will debut on Court TV tonight
and will feature a story about the Yukon search for and retrieval of Steve
Donathan who died on the Yukon in June 2005. Other life guard stories are
also to be expected.

The SD lifeguard who actually retrieved the body has not seen the finished
program and doesn't really know what we should expect but thinks it should
be interesting.

Monday, January 02, 2006 at 8 pm.
Directv has Court TV on channel 203; no idea of the other providers!

Cox has Court TV on channel 352. There are two half-hour episodes
scheduled.

Be sure to check your local time and channel -- seems some people are finding that their start time is EST -- thus it is starting at 5 and 5:30 -- if you have Time Warner -- it is Channel 39 and will start at 8 and 8:30 -- other than that check your local listings and time.

perry said the producers contactd him, he got a bad vibe therefore gave them no footage. it will be interesting how they interpret the events leading up to the recovery of steves body.

The manner in which the show was edited seemed to trivialize this serious and tragic incident. I felt a deep sadness for Steve Donathan and everyone involved, and I was disgusted at the tasteless way they weaved the retelling of this incident into stories about people getting drunk on the beach.

The whole thing was kind of cold. There were so many other things too. In the first thirty minutes the guy was being ticketed for bringing cooked lobsters out of the water. In the second there was lots of wasted bandwidth on the two clowns who got in a fight on the nude beach. Then the search for a missing diver using single 80's doing penetration in a deep wreck. Then the matter of fact handling and showing of the remains.

it was saddening for me to see steve again, i cant believe they showed him on tv. rest in peace steve.

Back
Top Bottom