Cousteau/SEA enviro sealing issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From aqualung tests on regulators with dry seal :
At ambient pressure,IP= 9 bar ( 135 PSI)
At 20 meters IP = 9,8 bar (+0.8 b)
At 50 meters. IP= 11 bar (+2 b)
So, when you pressurized your 1stage at ambient pressure, you should not see any change in your IP pressure, if you have 40 or 50 psi ( +3 bar) , the problem is somewhere else than the dry seal transmitter

Yes, I have the manual and agree with you.

The best thing to do with aqualung first stages is box them up and send them to a glutton for punishment type. :cool:

Update.

Tried new diaphragm only jumped about 10psi as opposed to 50. Filed down transmitter in small increments and retried, after three attempts, fitted end cap no movement in psi, it's stable.

It would appear the issue was two part, old aged diaphragm and the transmitter being ever so slightly too long.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

This case is closed, successful conclusion. Cheers.

I'll check it at the end of a dive, ip should have changed at low pressure, if not, I'll look at it again, hoping I didn't take too much off the transmitter. I think I'm good though.

It was taken out yesterday for a dive, performed as it should, no change in ip until around 40 bar as expected. Thanks once again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom