Cousteau's boat Calypso to be restored

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7

Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to post this link, as it doesn't seem to fit exactly into any forum. But since the ship will be preserved, spend much of its time in support of ecosystems and preservation and the article states "Once restored, Calypso will become an exhibit and a center for science and the environment" I thought that this is a good a place as any.

The Yahoo news story is indeed good news, it's a shame what happened to the Calypso.

She earned her place in history and would be a wonderfull memorial to Cousteau while continuing the efforts of oceanic exploration and preservation.

Truly good news. I was quite saddened when I read an article about the boat a few months ago in which it showed it's deteriated condition and talked about the squabble. I hope that is all finished now and the ship can take it's rightful place in history.

What I would like to see is the mission of The Cousteau Society itself restored, but I don't think that is going to happen under its current leadership. I'd put my support behind the Philippe Cousteau Foundation and Ocean Futures (Jean-Michel Cousteau) before TCS.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom