Covid test to get home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatDogDontHunt

Oscar Meyer Weiner
Reaction score
Not sure which forum this belongs in.

But multiple countries have recently declared that a "covid test" will be required to "come back home".

It makes sense for dive travellers to understand how this affects their travel plans.

Tell us what rules you know about...for your origin and your travel destination.

Canada just recently started a Covid test to come home rule...

I’m on my way home from Socorro. I will be flying home with United from Cabo this morning. I received this notice from United:

“Please be aware that starting January 26th, the U.S. government requires proof of a negative Covid-19 test for all international arrivals into the U.S. For more information on the order, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/global-airline-testing-order_2021-01-2_R3-signed-encrypted-p.pdf

A travel waiver is in place for travel dates through February 15th: www.united.com/importantnotices. To make changes to your reservation, please visit united.com or the United app.”

What that means to me, those overseas resorts would start adding another checking out step where the guests have to get PCR swab test within 3 days of their guests before going back home, as mentioned in this thread, Covid testing at AM Resorts

I’ll be in Ramon Village resort, Belize next month. I’ll check it out how would the resort be handling this new restriction and post what I learn here later.

For some of us on liveaboard, we would need to stay a night or two in the hotel near the disembarking port to get the PCR swab test, which I plan to do in March, when I’ll be on Emperor liveaboard in Maldives.

I’m interested in what a positive result means for the traveler. Hard to plan for a quarantine. Then what to do if you’re quarantined and then get really sick while in quarantine.

I’m interested in what a positive result means for the traveler. Hard to plan for a quarantine. Then what to do if you’re quarantined and then get really sick while in quarantine.

I got DiveAsure travel insurance for that.

Special Notice - Corona Virus – DiveAssure

EE56A47C-91D6-4AF4-8D12-43C48A8A73F2.jpeg

Also I’m trying hard to not getting it in the first place by following the COVID-19 protocol, i.e., social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands, assuming everyone has the virus, etc.

I was in Cocos on Okeanos Aggressor 1 last month Diving in Cocos Dec. 2020 Trip Report and in Socorro on Nautilus Belle Amie last week. So far, so good. Fingers crossed!

My wife was considering an international trip, but the new CDC regulations killed that idea. My concern is going to a country where finding a test that is suitable for the CDC or return airline, won't break the bank, and can be found within 3 days of departure might be hard. Or, if you show a false positive and can't get home? No thanks. Not worth it for me to travel right now based on this.

What that means to me, those overseas resorts would start adding another checking out step where the guests have to get PCR swab test within 3 days of their guests before going back home, as mentioned in this thread, Covid testing at AM Resorts

I’ll be in Ramon Village resort, Belize next month. I’ll check it out how would the resort be handling this new restriction and post what I learn here later.

For some of us on liveaboard, we would need to stay a night or two in the hotel near the disembarking port to get the PCR swab test, which I plan to do in March, when I’ll be on Emperor liveaboard in Maldives.

dive much ? :)

We are in the middle of a global pandemic. Travel SHOULD be difficult. Once this is all over, then travel will go back to normal be we are far from that point today.

If you shut the TV off, the pandemic goes away, otherwise it is never meant to go away
In Cozumel contact Costamed , add number +52 987 873 8809 to your Whatsapp and book PCR test before booking your trip is my recommendation
I jumped through all the hoops and my airline just cancelled my flight
Anyone know any open shore-diving spots in Caribbean?

Roatan, the island is mostly boat diving but Coco View Resort has shore diving as well as their boats. They have arrangements in place for testing of departing guests.

Back
Top Bottom