Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard that CostaMed was doing them; cost is $2500 pesos.

Thanks - I looked them up. Looks like $1600 pesos for the antibody test and $2920 for a "fast test" -- unsure what that actually is.

We will have to wait and see exactly what the US requires for re-entry. I'm supposed to be in Coz in 4 weeks - hopefully.

https://intranet.costamed.com.mx/survey/covid-19-symptoms-test
Note: you have to click "No" twice to get to the image with their testing options.

canada requires this now as well. i cannot believe it has taken this long to implement a policy like this. my question is.....what happens if you fail the test and they won't let you on the plane to go home ? now what ?

Ugh! This sounds like a logistical nightmare, getting tested on an island which is already depleted of tests, and trying to get results back in a timely manner. I have received both vaccines. I wonder if I will still need to get tested. We are headed out the second week of Feb. Surprised that AA had not posted anything about this on their website or e mail communication.

Ugh! This sounds like a logistical nightmare, getting tested on an island which is already depleted of tests, and trying to get results back in a timely manner. I have received both vaccines. I wonder if I will still need to get tested. We are headed out the second week of Feb. Surprised that AA had not posted anything about this on their website or e mail communication.
I would think that you would still need to be tested. Current scientific thinking is that you can still be infective, even though the vaccine prevents you from being sick...which is why they are saying you should still wear masks and practice social distancing, even if vaccinated.

canada requires this now as well. i cannot believe it has taken this long to implement a policy like this. my question is.....what happens if you fail the test and they won't let you on the plane to go home ? now what ?
Then you have an extended vacation (in quarantine, however) until you get a clean test result. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for people stuck overseas since the Canadian government is recommending against anything but essential travel. Because the alternative is infected people getting on a plane....

Then you have an extended vacation (in quarantine, however) until you get a clean test result. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for people stuck overseas since the Canadian government is recommending against anything but essential travel. Because the alternative is infected people getting on a plane....

don't get me wrong. i agree with you. i was simply voicing what the traveler should be considering before planning the trip. what would you do if you could not come home ? it would be expensive, you may have problems with that countries immigration, you could loose your job etc etc.

anyone traveling has to assume the risks if you decide to travel knowing these risks. my only possible sympathy might be for those that were allowed to travel "before" canada implemented the new testing policy. they made plans based on what the govn't rules were and then the govn't changed the rules on them after they were out of the country. i am not sure what anyone would do if they were in a remote location where an appropriate test was not avail. they may have even been somewhere so remote that the news of the new policy could not reach them. i have not heard any stories of this happening though.

Reactions: MMM
"The CDC will also consider waivers of testing requirements for airlines flying to countries with little or no testing capacity, including some places in the Caribbean."

No clarification yet.

don't get me wrong. i agree with you. i was simply voicing what the traveler should be considering before planning the trip. what would you do if you could not come home ? it would be expensive, you may have problems with that countries immigration, you could loose your job etc etc.

anyone traveling has to assume the risks if you decide to travel knowing these risks. my only possible sympathy might be for those that were allowed to travel "before" canada implemented the new testing policy. they made plans based on what the govn't rules were and then the govn't changed the rules on them after they were out of the country. i am not sure what anyone would do if they were in a remote location where an appropriate test was not avail. they may have even been somewhere so remote that the news of the new policy could not reach them. i have not heard any stories of this happening though.

Frankly I don't believe the report regarding the USA. My understanding is it applied to travelers from the UK at this time. More clarification is required.

Dave Dillehay

I find this news deeply disturbing on multiple levels and the timing of this release is very interesting as the elected US leaders are transitioning.

Canada announced the same a few weeks ago and I thought to myself, "What country would deny its own citizens reentry under any circumstance?". That is crazy.

So, let me get this straight, US citizens are free to roam about without concern and do as we will in the most infected country on earth without concern but, God forbid, we travel to another country that usually has a lesser rate of infection per capita and we are now going to be prohibited from re-entry to US without presenting the results of some silly test that is meaningless unless you've had enough time for COVID to replicate and reach a detectable level? This is "lock down" at national levels and is just a re-introduction of Isolationism that is destined to fail as history has taught us in the past.

In my opinion, this news puts the final nail in the coffin of all the accommodations, dive shops, restaurants and retail shops those of us who have chosen to travel under COVID and spent our $ trying to keep these businesses alive. They will all be gone and Coz will turn into an absolute mess where the only safe place to stay in the very distant future may be the AI's that will surround their compounds with barbed wire and have guards stationed at the gates holding M-16's. No different than Jamaica. When you strip a population of its primary source of income lots of bad things happen.

I'm glad that my wife and I were able to dive with some regular seasonal friends for 2 weeks in Coz this past December when got back together again. With news like this and what is going on I doubt that will happen again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom