Covid Testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know Turks and Caicos just opened up and it might be to early to ask but I would like to know if anyone was or is having trouble getting covid test results back within the 5 day window that is required, also i saw on the T&C website that rapid testing will not be allowed which for the life of me I can not figure out why. I'm also curious how would they know that in fact it was a rapid test since the test that is required is a PCR test and rapid test are PCR's?

Avoid Quest as a testing processor.
My son got tested through county health department and it took 12 days to get the results.
My wife got tested 2 days later through CVS. We are still waiting for results at day 16.
Both nasal swab tests both processed by Quest Labs.
Good luck. My cousin is in much the same position as they need to take their daughter to Maine for school where it is a 72 hour window.

there's a few places close to me that will do rapid testing with 30 minute to 24 hour turn around but again T&C will not allow for a rapid test result. Is there a difference?

...also i saw on the T&C website that rapid testing will not be allowed which for the life of me I can not figure out why. I'm also curious how would they know that in fact it was a rapid test since the test that is required is a PCR test and rapid test are PCR's?
The current PCR rapid tests have a higher rate of wrong results; and they can require that the document specifies which test from which manufacturer was used to see if it was a rapid one.
I feel with you guys, for me a PCR test is a phone call away with a result usually within 24-48h. And it is for free, curtesy of my home country. If need be I can get one at the airport with same day results, but that I must pay mayself. And when I come back I can have another one for free on entry.

Quest Diagnostics is a useless joke. They are simply milking taxpayers for govt sponsored tests. I (and others who got tested at same location on same day) didn't get my test results for 3 weeks, and only after I sent multiple nasty emails that went unanswered.

IMO, Quest should not get paid for any testing where results take longer than 2-3 days. If I had to pay quest myself, I'd be requesting a refund. Three week turn around is useless.

The rapid test i would take require payment or insurance which i have. I would not go to a Quest center. There is a hospital 10 minutes from my house that does testing I guess I will give them a try

Has anyone here tried Passport Health USA? They're qualified for testing according to T&C.

Has anyone here tried Passport Health USA? They're qualified for testing according to T&C.
Is the list of approved testing providers public somewhere? Do you have a link?

Try this Link. It takes you to the T&C website for TCI Travel Authorization..
TCI || Dashboard

and click on Accredited Covid 19 test Labs in the USA.

What I should do is not worry about it. The trip isn't until the end of the month. Things could certainly change in the next few weeks. I'm just preparing a head to have options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom