Cozumel April/May 2009- No swine flu problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmgdiving

New
Reaction score
We just returned from a dive trip to Cozumel with Papahog's. We had absolutely NO PROBLEM with swine flu. In fact, not one person has been diagnosed with the it in the area. Our trip was in no way affected and we were able to relax and enjoy the wonderful people, diving and weather. If anyone is worried about traveling to Cozumel, I encourage you to go and enjoy your trip.

My husband and I just got back from Cancun on Friday and some awesome diving with Ben and the crew at Mayan Aqua Dive, Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives & PADI Courses. No one is sick in Cancun or Cozumel. I was at a greater risk of catching the flu at my local Walmart than the Walmart in Cancun. In the Washington Post Travel Section yesterday there was a great article on travel to Cancun and Cozumel. They reported that there have been NO cases of the flu in Quintana Roo (the state both Cancun and Cozumel are in). While some travelers have come back with the flu from these places, it was likely they caught it on the airplanes before the medical screening procedures were put into place. The Washington Post recommends that if you have travel planned to Quintana Roo, go ahead and go - the risk is minimal. I can tell you personally, the medical screening at the airport was fairly thorough - you were not getting on the plane if you had a fever or any flu symptoms. I wish I had more vacation time. This is the PERFECT time to go to Cancun/Cozumel. No stupid crowds, and you can have all the diving you want all to yourself! I wish I could go back tomorrow, and without hesitation, I would!!!!! If you can go, you should go!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom