Cozumel "clean Up" Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgreider

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of any dive shops on Cozumel that could arrange a trip where you "clean up" a dive site?
On my August trip, I would like to take one day to do some type of volunteer work, hopefully some type of underwater clean up.
I don't really know how to ask this question and I hope this makes sense.
I plan on diving with Aldora again, but haven't contacted them about this request.

Thank you for your willingness and interest in keeping Cozumel reefs clean. Fortunately, there is not really an issue with trash on the reefs here. Thee is the random beer/soda can/bottle, lost equipment, lost dive accessories - but not really trash. If you come across any trash during your dives, feel free to pick it up - just make sure that you are not removing someone's "home" - cans, bottles, etc that have been down awhile often have residents :)

On my August trip, I would like to take one day to do some type of volunteer work, hopefully some type of underwater clean up.
There aren't organized clean-up AFAIK. Up north (outside of the marine park) you'll find fishing line all over that you can remove. Or you could head over to the beaches on the east side and pick up trash. There used to be organized groups that did this but that seems to have died off....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom