Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone tell me if the ferries are still running alternate schedules or are the starting to return to normal ?

They do not have the regular schedule, per se. You best bet if you are in Cozumel is to use their app. Second best option is to check their schedules on their FB pages. They have been really crowded lately and no social distancing. Bring your mask and sanitizer. I heard they weren't even giving that out anymore when my friend was on there two days ago. Bummer.

Make sure you scroll down and look at their most recent posts.
Check the DATES. Ultramar alternates with WinJet.

118290373_3390521237635475_960653004149438225_n.jpg

This is the current post. They update every few days.

ULTRAMAR FACEBOO
K - Ultramar Ferry

WINJET has not posted one for the first week of September yet.
PLAN AHEAD. Check daily. Don't know if the week of the 1/2 Ironman will bring more routes

118761875_595481457801546_6794612662850328939_o.png

WINJET FB Page - Winjet

Wasn’t Ultramar running even days and Winjet odds? Looks like Ultramar is odds now.
Winjet hasn’t posted a September schedule yet.

Wasn’t Ultramar running even days and Winjet odds? Looks like Ultramar is odds now.
Winjet hasn’t posted a September schedule yet.

They each run every other day - 31 days this month makes two odd days in a row hence the change

If you want to sit outside, make sure you get in line early for WinJet. They have a lot less seats outside and they fill up quickly. The 5pm ferry I took on Saturday was pretty packed and I ended up sitting on the floor outside to avoid the packed inside.

Yes yellow starting next week, biggest changes:

Public beaches open finally - this is something for the locals as beach clubs have been open
Gyms indoor spaces open at 50% - they had been closed
Hotels and restaraunts now at 60% - up from 30%

No mention of diving but I think they've been pretty lax on that anyways, I know they say no night dives but I've heard they happen - probably be addressed by the Port Captain. The gyms and public beaches are the big thing..... Yes there is still a very loosely enforced curfew at 10:30.

Yes there is still a very loosely enforced curfew at 10:30.
No big deal unless you want a cab, right?

No big deal unless you want a cab, right?

I call the curfew loosely enforced because of the traffic all night - it’s sporadic with very few police rolling around - the police I’ve seen by my house don’t even bother the people that are out. Way different than the convoys rolling around in the past that we’re stopping everyone.

Ive heard taxis are an issue after 10 so if you think you’re gonna find a ride back to secrets at 10:30, be prepared for the long walk or have an alternate plan.

There’s nothing open, people don’t have money - the curfew is no issue at all really

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom