Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been at Sunscape Sabor since last Thursday. Hotel is at 11% capacity according to staff. We leave tomorrow. I did 7 days of 2 tank, morning nitrox dives. Have not ventured into town. Diving boats are not very full. Last Friday it was just me and 1 other guy. Been averaging 5 people or so each morning dive. They usually cancel the afternoon dive due to not having 3 divers.

Glad we came, don't want to head back!

We've been at Sunscape Sabor since last Thursday. Hotel is at 11% capacity according to staff. We leave tomorrow. I did 7 days of 2 tank, morning nitrox dives. Have not ventured into town. Diving boats are not very full. Last Friday it was just me and 1 other guy. Been averaging 5 people or so each morning dive. They usually cancel the afternoon dive due to not having 3 divers.

Stay another week, spend some time in town - even with it slow, it still has a little Cozumel feel

Ive heard taxis are an issue after 10 so if you think you’re gonna find a ride back to secrets at 10:30, be prepared for the long walk or have an alternate plan.

There’s nothing open, people don’t have money - the curfew is no issue at all really

We've gone into town from Casa del Mar area (too far to comfortably walk) twice this week and both times the taxi driver offered and followed through with returning after 10 to take us back. These days, it's wise to collect business cards from your taxi drivers.

Glad you enjoyed...too bad you didnt visit the town and spend some needed commerce at the restaurants?

Stay another week, spend some time in town - even with it slow, it still has a little Cozumel feel
It reminded me of the 80's!

I haven't read all 115 pages of this thread so this has probably already been discussed, but....

Does the "over 60" rule apply only to residents or to tourists also? Are we going to be allowed to buy groceries and go to restaurants if we make it there in November? Cozumel Sun is still on August 8 and I didn't notice any distinction between residents and tourists. Most of the noticias are unreadable when I zoom in.

I haven't read all 115 pages of this thread so this has probably already been discussed, but....

Does the "over 60" rule apply only to residents or to tourists also? Are we going to be allowed to buy groceries and go to restaurants if we make it there in November? Cozumel Sun is still on August 8 and I didn't notice any distinction between residents and tourists. Most of the noticias are unreadable when I zoom in.

LOL - OMG, seems like forever ago they wouldn't let older people grocery shop. I don't believe that rule still applies, they might not let two people from the same family in the store at the same time so just don't walk in together.... You'll be fine to do whatever you need - wear a mask when going in some place and my wife and I just stopped going in together, I stay behind a bit and pretend not to know her.

LOL - OMG, seems like forever ago they wouldn't let older people grocery shop. I don't believe that rule still applies, they might not let two people from the same family in the store at the same time so just don't walk in together.... You'll be fine to do whatever you need - wear a mask when going in some place and my wife and I just stopped going in together, I stay behind a bit and pretend not to know her.

Well, that just proves that I haven't been paying attention. :wink: We were booked April/May and of course everything got cancelled. Now I don't even know if SouthWest ever landed a plane on the island. They sure don't have any flights to CZM in November. It was all too good to be true--direct flights to the island from our local airport with no baggage fees. I looked up some flights with American and United and we might not be able to afford it anyway. Loreto, BCS, is looking more appealing right now.

What about restaurants? Can we go in and sit together? I'm only sorta kidding.

Well, that just proves that I haven't been paying attention. :wink: We were booked April/May and of course everything got cancelled. Now I don't even know if SouthWest ever landed a plane on the island. They sure don't have any flights to CZM in November. It was all too good to be true--direct flights to the island from our local airport with no baggage fees. I looked up some flights with American and United and we might not be able to afford it anyway. Loreto, BCS, is looking more appealing right now.

What about restaurants? Can we go in and sit together? I'm only sorta kidding.

I see a lot of folks coming in thru Cancun - flights seem limited here right now.

Yes you can eat together - places are open at 60% starting Monday - other than the masks, no cruise ships and it being a little slower - it's Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom