Cozumel dive report or " Calming down in Cozumel"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Divers : 12
Dive Operator: Dive Paradise Cozumel
Boat: Renagade
Divemasters: Eric and Nestor
Dive #1 Welcome shore dive from Barracuda Cove
dpth 24 feet 45 minutes air temp 84 water temp 80
3100 psi start 1700 psi end
Saw a big garbage dump. Picked us a man's sandal. Also, a newspaper with ads, and various other things.

Dive #2 Sanfransico Wall
deepest dpth 87 42 minutes avg dpth 57
3100 psi start 1000 psi end
Large French Angels playing and chasing each other
Slow drift

#3 Yucab
dpth 56 feet 51 minutes
air temp 86 water 80 medium drift
Large eagle Ray

#4 Villa Blanca Wall
dpth 70 bottom 48 minutes air 86 water 80
octopus and eel wanting to eat each other also saw a nurse
shark and turtle.

#5 Palancar Gardens
dpth 76 feet time 29 minutes
air 84 water 79
great swim throughs

#6 Delilah
dpth 64 time 42
slow drift

#7 C-53 wreck
dpth 77 feet time 40 minutes
Air 82 water 80
Best dive of my life ..so far!

Welcome back, Natasha. Sounds like good diving once it got going in earnest.

Where did you end up eating?

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Natasha,

Sounds like a nice trip, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time.

mike

Doc:
The food and diving were both wonderful. I wrote a whole post on all the yummy places we ate under the restaurant thread here in Mexico. Let me know what you think of it.

:gorgeous:

PS we only had 2 1/2 days to dive ...

Hi Natasha
Sorry we didnt get a chance to hook up while in Coz. with all the time we had waiting for the weather to clear up we could have gotten to know each other. Any way once we did get in the water the diving was grate we saw so many different things and yes even an eagel ray! Hope the bad weather didnt spoil all your fun.

Natasha-

I'm looking at an identical trip... Looking at staying at PLG and diving with DP. I can't wait to hear more details.

Max:
I thought about you while I was in Mexico. I knew you came in on Sunday, which wasn't a bad day. Monday and Tuesday the boats didn't go out, so we bought Spanish Scrabble and played on Monday, and Tuesday we rented a car and played on the east side of the island. Glad it all cleared up on Wednesday.
Max: post a dive report.

Scott:
I would do it all again the same way. (Other then the bad weather)
I was 100% happy with Plaza Las Glorias, and 100% happy with Dive Paradise.
Don't get me wrong I'm pretty picky, and not that easy to please sometimes. I'm used to very good service and accommodations.
Anyway, they both exceeded my expectaions.
PLG had clean rooms, and very large rooms. The rooms were ocean front views, that we all loved. The beds were firm, but not that bad. We all slept with no problems. There was a futon in the living room of the rooms that was soft and comfy for reading. The balcony was spacious, and had a wonderful view. The staff was great.
I really want to say more about Dive Paradise so I'll do it in the following post.

Dive Paradise
I was in weekly contact with Dive Paradise the month before the group came down. I called down there several times, and we wrote back and forth in email. I felt their respond time was acceptable.

I must tell the story of the owner Renee "Apple" Applegate.
"Apple" as she is known, is one of the most incredible women I have ever had the pleasure to meet. This women works around the clock and is 100% dedicated to her business.
13 years ago Apple came to Cozumel from California to visit friends and dive. On the day before she was leaving her friends said to her, " Why not stay?" Apple couldn't think of a reason not to say. So she stayed and worked for Dive Paradise.
The owner of Dive Paradise passed away, while Apple was working for him.
He willed the whole business to her.
Yes, you read that correctly.
She inherited 12 dive boats, 94 employees, and 5 dive shops in Cozumel.
She must have been a super employee, eh?
Well, I'm telling you she still is.
She has the respect of all her staff, and runs a tight ship.
I feel there is no need to shop around for dive operators when I go back to Cozumel. I found the ONE!

Natasha,

I did a search for a web page or any kind of listing for Dive Paradise, and did not come up with anything.
Do you have an address you could pass along to me?

Thanks,
mike

Back
Top Bottom