Cozumel Diver Dies After 450 Foot Dive (confused initial reporting)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I heard something about one saved, one lost on Facebook, but nothing in the news here.

Is deep exposure a dive shop somewhere?

Yes they are - a guy died in the water swimming south of town, I didn't see which boat picked the guy up but they were headed to a pier drop off point and the captain seen the guy in the water. Guy not hit, they said probable natural causes.

I just looked for it again but can't find it - it was a swimmer, a dive boat plucked him out of the water lifeless and brought him to shore.

So strange. I read somewhere last night about a deep diver dying on a deep exposure dive boat. I told my friend here about it and when I went back to find a link I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked on facebook, all my messaging platforms and scubaboard and couldn't find a hint of it. I thought I must have dozed off and dreamed it but that didn't seem right at all. It has been a mystery all day and this thread doesn't help clear it up. @DandyDon what was the original title?

So strange. I read somewhere last night about a deep diver dying on a deep exposure dive boat. I told my friend here about it and when I went back to find a link I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked on facebook, all my messaging platforms and scubaboard and couldn't find a hint of it. I thought I must have dozed off and dreamed it but that didn't seem right at all. It has been a mystery all day and this thread doesn't help clear it up. @DandyDon what was the original title?

That's really weird, the drowning swimmer that I was talking about - that post is gone too, I can't find it anywhere, only seen it once - searched everywhere for it........

I heard in conversation with a Cozumel local that Deep Exposure lost two divers but saved one of them. That's an unconfirmed report at this time, but getting confirmation is challenging. I can't find any mention of such an incident. If true, you know how bad news is suppressed there, but I just don't know.

The dive op seems to have a safe reputation. Accidents happen still, but who knows?

I heard in conversation with a Cozumel local that Deep Exposure lost two divers but saved one of them. That's an unconfirmed report at this time, but getting confirmation is challenging. I can't find any mention of such an incident. If true, you know how bad news is suppressed there, but I just don't know.

The dive op seems to have a safe reputation. Accidents happen still, but who knows?

I'll ask a boat captain, they know all, they are the worse gossip hounds ever!

The post I seen was definetly not a diver, somewhere in front of Villa Blanca/Sand Dollar, there were two pictures and I don't think it was Deep Exposures big boat or little one for that matter - it was a bigger boat.

Esquema Cozumel

"FOREIGN TOURIST DIED IN COZUMEL. HE WAS FOUND FLOATING IN THE SEA AS THE CAPTAIN OF AN EMBARCATION RETURNED FROM A BUCEO TOUR.
Investigating authorities were able to meet with 48-year-old Matilde M.K. who told them to be native to Panama, and indicated that the deceased was her husband David H.K. 55-year-old, native of Dallas, Texas and that they were hosted in a south coast house.
According to police data, around 14 p.m. this Thursday, 51-year-old Geovany B.C. serving as captain of the 633433 Beep Exposure ship, was returning to the Sand Pier Dollar located at the height of the 12.5 kilometre of the South Coastal Highway, when from its bridge of command it noticed that the sea in front of that jetty was floating a person's body, so it approached with caution to assist it.
The person found was immediately uploaded to the boat and moved to the cited dock while reporting the fact to Sub centre C-5, although being reviewed by paramedics from a particular clinic who arrived at the docks, confirmed that no longer I had vitals.
The State Attorney General's Office was immediately notified, elements of the Ministerial Police and the Forensic Medical Service (SEMEFO) were sent for the first inquiries into the case and the body was removed.
The SEMEFO proceeded to lift the body to move him to their facilities for necropsy to find out the cause of death; they preliminaryly handled that he may have been swimming when he died for some natural cause."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom