Cozumel for Non-Divers and Best Dive Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always the same problem: great diving spot with excellent beach for my non-diving girl.
Cozumel: take any all-inclusive south of the city: Fiesta Americana, Sabor (or Aura if you can afford), Allegro, Occidental. Sabor is good also if you are not sure what you want because you can upgrade there to waterfront (I would) or special area (forgot name of it) if you want better rooms. There is also Iberostar, but they have not the best beach for snorkeling/swimming and I am in big doubt that they are 5 star there – didn’t look so for me (2 weeks in 2010). I stayed in Iberostars in Mexico and Dominican Rep. (and loved them!) but the Cozumel’s one was the simplest resort between them. Real 5 star is Aura. Dive operators for experienced diver would be: Dive with Martin and maybe Opal’s Dream (which was Scuba Mau before their tragic accident last September). They pick you early from the pier, so you are first in the water, before others come. Talk to them in advance about all your extra requests: dive sites, 100’s, etc. For nite dive just use dive operator from the hotel you are staying in. Aldora and few more have good reputation but I’ve personally never used them. Dressel Divers are Iberostar’s Home diveshop: they looked professional, but very conservative for me: 80 ft. max, time limit, no 100’s… So they are not the best choice for experienced diver. My number 1 choice would be: Sabor (building 10, second floor) with Dive with Martin (you can book them in advance or through expedia rep in the lobby).

Fiesta Americana does not have a great beach.

Back
Top Bottom