Cozumel in early December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbbell

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for dive company reccomendations-Thanks to everyone for the other thread. I have the top ten list from there.
I am looking at staying in town, or south-any reccomendations regarding Iberostar versus Hotel Villas las ancas?
I am looking for morning and afternoon dives, would like to dive my own computer-am good with my air, have nitrous certification-and don't have a buddy with me.

Does anyone know much about Dressel divers?
Should I be more inclined to stay with Adora since they will dive the other side of the island if the weather isn't good?
I'll be there December 3-11 for diving in case anyone else is going. Thanks in advance!

Aldora also has a 40 ft fast boat that is allowed to go out when boats smaller than 40 feet are banned. Villa Las Anclas is a nice place as well as Casa Mexicana, Suites Bahia, and a few others that are close to the heart of the city. Stay way down south and you will miss that.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

As Dave said... In town great places are the Casa Mexicana (been staying there for 14 years now) and its sister hotels the Suites Bahia and the Colonial which are cheaper are great too... Yyou still get to enjoy the masive free breakfast buffet at the Casa Mexicana since you are staying at a sister hotel (you just have to walk from the Bahia or Colonial but it's not more than a 10 min walk).

If you stay down south at an AI you are a world away from everything in my opinion if you like to venture out on foot and see what there is to see and experience. Take a look at Cozumel on Google maps and where those southern AI's are located... most are a long and costly taxi ride to town and back carved out of section of jungle. If you like to get out on foot and see more than the beach, grounds and palm trees of the AI without paying for a taxi, you'll feel very confined in them.

I've been diving with Tres Pelicanos for the past 2 years as my prior dive op went downhill and I have obviously been very pleased to have found them based on my prior posts. I haven't been diving with all 1000 dive ops on the island so I can't comment on pros and con's for each and every one. You found the "Top 10" list from the other thread and ALDORA, TRES PELICANOS, and 8 other dive ops made the cut (you'll notice Dressel was never recommended in any of those 120+ posts it has grown to). I think you are in good hands and will experience great dives from any you may select from that list. When selecting, it just comes down to what your needs and wants are and which one you decide serves you best.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom