Cozumel in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClarkKent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hola,

Looking for some opinions / thoughts on places to stay and who to dive with.

My wife and I are considering a trip to Cozumel in mid October for 7-10 days, we are both experienced Master SCUBA Divers. We have been to the Mayan Riviera before and dove Cozumel but only as day trips from Playa with Dressel Divers.

We love fine dining and are looking for great diving, 5-7 days of double tank dives and single afternoon dives.

This time we are considering staying on Cozumel and our current List of possibilities include:

Cozumel Palace with Aquaworld - (Not so sure about Aquaworld) - Includes $1500 credit which can be used with Aquaworld
Hotel Cozumel -
SCUBAClub -
Park Royal -

EDIT: Palace / Aquaworld no longer a consideration as the resort credit combo has restrictions

We are leaning towards Park Royal now, but who to dive with ?

Any other suggestions or thoughts ?

Side note is the Minesweeper wreck open to diving ?

Cheers

Check El Cantil Condo's. I dive with Blue XTSEA Diving. Great Op!

I have a lot more time share points than I will be able to use this year and so I could hook you up with El Cid La Ceiba, Beach Hotel for a pretty reasonable price I think.

I'd recommend separating your accommodations from your diving. The in-house dive shops at various resorts aren't bad as such, but the independent shops tend to be much better at getting you exactly the balance of price and service you want.

If you like to eat, avoid all-inclusives.

Are you fans of big boats or small faster ones. Do you want a valet dive op (keeps and cleans your gear)? My vote for the small valet type is Blue XTSEA, fantastic service and you can dive your computer. For a larger op without all the frills Aqua Safari is good. They both will pick you up at Park Royal or at Hotel Cozumel. I have stayed at Hotel Coz a couple of times it is a nice easy walk to or from town for dinner and evening drinks for us.

Back
Top Bottom