Cozumel incident but lesson learned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting question: do any dive computers allow you to set you PPO2 beyond 1.6? My Stinger doesn’t and I didn’t have enough time with my Shearwater to find out. But my Stinger gets *very* unhappy after 1.6. I think it’s a good idea.

When I’m breathing (100%) oxygen at 6 meter I can exceed a PPO2 of 1.6. Depth can be between 5 and 7 meter that is still ok for standards. If the depth is 7 meter, PPO2 is 1.70.

But there is no alarm for PPO2 set at my computer, it is just in gauge mode...

To the op. It might be worthwhile to start a separate thread under Basic to discuss what we should and should not expect when we hire a private DM and what to do when they don’t meet expectations.
Thanks @uncfnp , It's been long enough now that I will do this. We are going back in a few months and will 100% own our dives! Thank You

Thanks @uncfnp , It's been long enough now that I will do this. We are going back in a few months and will 100% own our dives! Thank You
I have heard that October can be a very good time to dive Coz. Sounds like you are prepared and BlueXTsea has a solid reputation. Have a great, relaxed and fun time.

Sorry, realised plenty of people have posted about the benefits of carrying your own SMB. I'm so sorry this happened to you and absolutely inexcusable on the part of the DM.

Just got back a month ago using Blue XT for 3 days. Great capt and DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom