Cozumel is getting closer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyfromToronto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The move to Cozumel is one step closer. Who are these people on House Hunters International who move to another country with only 2 suitcases????? After 6 hours of packing....the shippers are done and are now loading the truck. We only had 3 hours sleep last night and I need a nap so bad. Or should I call it a siesta?

Betty

You are living out my DREAMS!!! Happiness is my wish for you in your new retirement adventure! Congrats on following your dreams!!!! Safe travels.

Best of luck with your move Betty. I am jealous. I'll be at Scuba Club from March 18th to 28th, so drop by for a :coffee: or a :cheers:.

Divegoose

Who are these people on House Hunters International who move to another country with only 2 suitcases?????

I could probably move to Cozumel with just a carry-on, but that's only because we're NOT moving there - we have just slowly moved so much of our stuff there gradually over time that all we really need is the keys and our laptops. If we were ever to move we could just get rid of our excessive junk in the US. I think if we had to do it all at once it would be a bit overwhelming even though we're both former military brats with dozens of international moves.

Hearty congratulations. You're living my dream.

Que se vayan con Dios, Betty!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Hope to meet you all when you visit Cozumel.

Darren: I agree so you will just have to come to Cozumel. :)

Divegoose: Remind me when you get here and of course I will drop by SCC for a coffee. I'd love to meet you and say hello to all my friends there.

Betty

Why is it that sooo many Canadians can afford to move Internationally is my question?

There used to be a show on TV about dive travel & the host once made a comment that no matter where he went I the Caribbean, there were more Canadian business owners than any others. Is it something about the Canadian social system that allows folks to afford to make these moves?

sharky60, I suspect there are many aspects of Canada that seem to make this possible, but that's probably a whole political can of worms. My personal opinion is that countries that work to support their citizens' basic needs across the board achieve societies in which citizens have many more realistic choices available to them.

Could be that the American retirees simply choose Florida? My dad a lot of my friend's parents have chosen that route for their retirements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom