Cozumel makes "No" List for 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? I won't be touching anything anyway. But yes, I know fire coral when I see it.
Who are you responding too? Do you know how to use the reply tab?

Who are you responding too? Do you know how to use the reply tab?
Of course I do, and I did, just like I am doing now. Read it again.

Ignored content from posters also applies to their content in a quoted post, hence the mystery of the missing messages.

Of course I do, and I did, just like I am doing now. Read it again.
Good... I suggest using it when your responding to a post...makes it easier to follow.

It is true that I no longer have a financial interest in the dive shop.

Well Dave, as you no longer have a financial interest in Aldora I find it misleading when you respond to members here and continue to state "We" or "Us" when posting about Aldora and its offerings... It makes you sound like you are still the owner. I personally had no idea you no longer had a financial interest in Aldora. This is news to me. How long ago did you divest your interest in Aldora? Yesterday? Last week? Last month? Years ago?

I'm pretty sure we all want you to stick around (including me) as I do enjoy giving you some crap from time to time when you go off the deep end (which one is allowed to do when one exceeds 70 years of age).

Who cares about the Brain coral? Well, those of us who aren't 70+ years of age and haven't seen them for the past 50 years of diving. You are correct though, divers have absolutely nothing to do with the current situation nor is there anything that can be done about it in the near term. In time this disease will spread throughout and the susceptible hard corals will become a thing of the past in the Caribbean just leaving their skeletons for divers to see. However, something else will take their place and perhaps some of the hard corals that have been harvested and are being kept in on-land confinement like Coral Arks could be re-introduced some day and they will take hold again but that won't happen in my lifetime. We all need to be thankful for the years of diving we've had and what we've seen as the global reef environment is changing and at the present time it is in decline. However, the earth has been around for billions of years, seen multiple mass extinction events and 99.99% of everything that has ever lived is now extinct but new life has always evolved to take its place. Kind of makes one wonder if you could go into hibernation for 10 or 100 million years, then wake up strap on your scuba gear and see what there is to be seen. Pretty sure humans won't be around and pretty sure there would be lots of life on the reefs as a result.

I saw some ok brains the other week. I even saw one that the silly putty antibiotic was working on. I'll have to look in December, but I didnt take notice to piles of sargassum on the bottom? I would have thought at least the northern part of the park would be protected from the sargassum like the shore there? Except in the occasion wind reversal.

Well Dave, as you no longer have a financial interest in Aldora I find it misleading when you respond to members here and continue to state "We" or "Us" when posting about Aldora and its offerings... .

You got 30 years in building something up, I think we can be forgiving of the we. I can very much understand that. Its his baby.

Good... I suggest using it when your responding to a post...makes it easier to follow.

He did, but it seems you don’t see it. This leads to the question, do you have tridacna on your ignore list as @Jcp2 is implying? Rhetorical question, just hoping to help you figure out why you’re not seeing the quote he is responding too.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

I even saw one that the silly putty antibiotic was working on.

Yeah... People can try to stop the spread with the antibiotic or chlorine based silly putty followed by UW grinding wheels to cut grooves beyond the treated area as a secondary line of defense but it's futile... Kind of like the old days when airlines and restaurants had smoking and non-smoking sections. Anyone in a non-smoking section was breathing the same ambient air. Everything living in the oceans is living the same water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom