Cozumel makes "No" List for 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was married for 31 years. After my wife died I was stuck in an old habit of saying we. It took a few years to switch to I. Then I got married again and caught hell for being stuck saying I instead of we. Habits are just habits and it takes time to retrain ourselves. Old dogs can learn new tricks, but maybe not as fast as we used to.

I for one will cut Mr. Dillehay some slack.

I was married for 31 years. After my wife died I was stuck in an old habit of saying we. It took a few years to switch to I. Then I got married again and caught hell for being stuck saying I instead of we. Habits are just habits and it takes time to retrain ourselves. Old dogs can learn new tricks, but maybe not as fast as we used to.

I for one will cut Mr. Dillehay some slack.

Nice post.

Is it ok if Dave uses “we” when referencing past Aldora events or activities that occurred under his ownership? Or should he preface those with a “when I was at band camp” disclaimer. Asking for a friend.

Is it ok if Dave uses “we” when referencing past Aldora events or activities that occurred under his ownership? Or should he preface those with a “when I was at band camp” disclaimer. Asking for a friend.

Is it “when I was at band camp”, or “this one time, at band camp”? Asking for a friend. :wink:

Good... I suggest using it when your responding to a post...makes it easier to follow.
Again, I always do, just as I did in post #41, the one you are complaining about. I don't know why you cannot seem to be able to see it, but the comment I was replying to is clearly there.

Here it is again:
tridacna said:
If you can’t ID Millepora, you better wear a full wetsuit!

@ggunn flyboy08 has tridacna on ignore, so cannot normally see the comment from tridacna that you and I and the rest of SB can see (unless we also have tridacna on ignore). He would have to click on “show ignored content” to see it.

Good for those in the know...less tourist....bad for the local economy though...I’m there in three week!

This is just a guess, but I bet if you reduced the # of ships going in there daily by 50% and they docked overnight, the islands revenue would be the same.

Corals are in decline all over, and I have seen no indications that divers are even a small part of the problem. My first dive in the Keys was in 1976 during Spring Break from UF. Things are different there now, just as they are on Coz, but they are still worth the time and effort. Moreover, I like how we are recording the reef for posterity with all our diving.

Attitudes and situations change over the years. My first pair of fins, bought in 1969, were sold with the caveat that I "could kick the crap out of the reef and not hurt these fins". Most of the changes we need to make are not in the water, but on land. Single use bottles, too much paper & waste, gas guzzling cars, allowing global warming to rise unchecked and more all contribute to a change on our reefs. Many of the fish and corals we know are destined to go extinct and some in our lifetime. They will probably be replaced by new, more tolerant species. Nature doesn't mind the heat like we do.

So don't waste time: go diving. Whether it's in Coz, the Keys or my beloved caves, Get out there and experience how the other two thirds of the world lives. Don't stick with only one place either. See as many different places as you can. Yeah, yeah, Coz probably doesn't like me to suggest other destinations, but you owe it to yourself. Check out Belize, Saba, Fiji, the Philippines, St Anthony's Key, Curacao. the Socorro Islands, Mar de Cortes and I can't list all the places I've have dove. They're all different. They're all phenomenal for different reasons. Yeah. Don't listen to anyone who discourages you from diving. Go dive.

Dear Dave,

Even when we are not in agreement (which is only about 1/4 of the time), I appreciate your contributions here and I appreciate your contributions to the diving industry here on the island and for raising the bar for all of us. I also appreciate your support of me and my operation over the years. Happy retirement - you've absolutely earned it!

Best wishes,
Christi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom