Cozumel on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boastud

Registered
Reaction score
Im looking at a quick trip down for 4 or 5 days in middle january. Any tips on cheap hotels/diving? I have looked around a little and it is pretty cheap across the board, but lookiing for the ........."i found the cheapest hotel ever"..

Keep an eye on travelzoo.com if you aren't already. Good luck!

If you dont mind a couple of block walk to the water, just down from the supermarket is a great place called Coral Reef Inn. The owners are terrific and the place is really nice with a nice balcony on the 3rd floor and it has a stove, frig, etc... We had a great time... We walked to Dive Paradise each day (just for reference-- not my favorite op) and it was a $4 trip to downtown but it is walkable...

travel had some great prices on Suites Bahia. Team it up with Aqua Safari and it will be Cozumel on a shoestring, if thats possible these days!

I'm very knowledgeable about cheap! I think the best value in town -- with really good diving -- is Aqua Safari & staying at Safari Inn. If you want a kitchenette, you can choose Suites Bahia, Suites Colonial, Amigo's B&B. Other inexpensive places to stay are Palapas Amaranto and Hotel Pepita. At the very budget end is the Hostelito. Note that many prices will be adjusted upward in December or January for the upcoming high season and all of 2009.

Im looking at a quick trip down for 4 or 5 days in middle january. Any tips on cheap hotels/diving? I have looked around a little and it is pretty cheap across the board, but lookiing for the ........."i found the cheapest hotel ever"..

Hotel Mary Carmen, Lopez, Costa Brava, El Marques, Aguilar, Flamingo, Pala Dora, Pepeta all for around $50. These are basic no frills and all in town within walking distance to stores. Some do have AC,TV, and mini fridge.

I will be at Costa Brava Jan16-21 and Am diving with Bottom Time Divers.

Best dive op price wise with small boats I have dove with would be Dive with Martin. I like to spend just a bit more to be with BT. Most on this board have favorites but I think DWM if your looking by price alone.

You can also check out the Hogtown Hotel at PapaHogs.
Papa Hogs Scuba Emporium of Cozumel - Mexico
They are a few small apts right at Papahogs dive op. We stayed there a few years ago and loved it. Very convenient, food and diving right there! :D

Checkout Hotel Fontan. I have never stayed there but found while planning my next trip that they have a rate of $49. per night on the AMEX site. Its on the water and has a pool. I am going solo this trip, the waterview and the rate sound pretty good to me

This was an October internet special on the hotel, but but a regular room at Bahia Suites downtown was $43.00. We upgraded to $51.00 and got a 3rd floor room with a balcony with partial ocean view. The room had a king and a double bed, and a kitchen with stove and fridge, a tv and phone. Air conditioning was excellent.

Diving was $50.00 for a two tank trip at Blue Angel on a fast twin engine 6 or 8 pack boat, to the destinations we chose, and with divers of similar experience. That $50 price included the $2.00 marine park fee and no tax was charged. That was whether we dived one day or 10 days. We had the same divemaster for 8 days and it was an excellent dive experience.

One the other hand, Dive with Martin does a similar job for $51.66 for two tank trips if you dive 5 days.

I have used both dive ops and they do a great job when on a budget (or not!)

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom