Cozumel on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have stayed at the Vista Del Mar several times and love it. If you don't mind the cruise ship shoppers (easily avoided by spending most of your time underwater), they have nice, clean and comfortable ocean view rooms, good showers, mini fridge, a very friendly staff, and some yummy rolls, coffee and juice for breakfast.
I think we booked through orbitz or expedia last time and got one free night.
Right downstairs is Aqua Safari, and we liked diving with them. You also are within walking distance to many yummy and inexpensive restaurants.
Have fun (i'm jealous).

For good inexpensive diving, check out the dive packages with Dive with Martin.

Home Page

Second that! Despite another recent post with a bad review, DWM is a very good dive op and has one of the lowest "cash" prices on the island. Adding in the free one-tank twilight dive with multiple dives (if they are still doing that), and you save even more money.

look at my responce to this post; http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/258453-boys-week-hotel-suggestion.html
I've listed several low cost hotels. There are also some very cheap b&b's on Coz., a guy we dove with a couple of years ago was staying at a b&b in town somewhere that was charging him only $25/night!! I have no other info on the place other than it did not have a/c and breakfast was part of the deal...he was from Canada and his ScubaBoard handle was 'Landshark', maybe you could look him up and PM him to find out more info.

I think Villablanca could be added to the list as well, another low cost, clean, no-frills place that usually gets good reviews other than occational 'hot water' issues.

Back
Top Bottom