Cozumel on the cheap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not pushing Blue Angel at all, but you walk out of your room to the onsite dive shop and the pier is a short walk to the front of the resort where you get on the boat. Easy! We have also stayed at Fiesta Americana where most dive ops will pick you up right on their pier but they have redone their whole resort and i don't think there are many deals out there now for that hotel! !Also, we booked a great package time before last on Expedia! All went off without a hitch!Have fun!
nice map cheers.

max 50 would be great.
sorry for the newb question but are certain accommodations prohibitive to diving? ie cheap acom but long way to the diveshop/pickup/peir?

Not pushing Blue Angel at all, but you walk out of your room to the onsite dive shop and the pier is a short walk to the front of the resort where you get on the boat. Easy! We have also stayed at Fiesta Americana where most dive ops will pick you up right on their pier but they have redone their whole resort and i don't think there are many deals out there now for that hotel! !Also, we booked a great package time before last on Expedia! All went off without a hitch!Have fun!

Blue Angel is a nice place, but with rates about $100/night it doesn't fit his budget at all. I looked on air b'nb the other day and found studio apartments on 30th for about $30/night. You get a full kitchen, and one of them also included a bike to use. Even if you had to take a cab to caleta to meet a dive op, you'd still come in under your $50/night budget and have a full kitchen to make eating even cheaper.

If I was to go on a strict budget, I think I would do what a previous poster noted. Colonial or suites Bahia. Both offer breakfast at their sister hotel Casa Mexicana, and it is a good breakfast. Both pretty nice for the price. Both close to several restaurants and walking distance to groceries.
Then you could do a very short walk to Tres Pelicanos who provide taxi service to and from the caleta no charge.
Another option if you want/need a kitchen is a small place further out say 30th with acess to a bike. Then just leave your gear/bike with tres pelicanos and go diving.
Let us know what you decide, we'd love to hear about it.
Have fun.

Is that the place that rents rooms in people's houses and all? I think saw that on the news or something a while back.

There are numerous options on airbnb, you can go from renting a room in someone's house or renting the whole place. When you do the search it gives you the option to select. If you are not comfortable with renting a room in someone's house you can click on the option for whole house and it will only show those places. Everything from small studios to massive villas. The site is pretty easy to navigate if you go on their you'll be able to browse and see what's available in your price range. The place I got was a 1 bedroom house with a backyard, 2 blocks from the beach and 4 blocks from town.

I stand corrected!! (When we stayed at BA it was cheaper than that!) Air B'nb is a great option!
Blue Angel is a nice place, but with rates about $100/night it doesn't fit his budget at all. I looked on air b'nb the other day and found studio apartments on 30th for about $30/night. You get a full kitchen, and one of them also included a bike to use. Even if you had to take a cab to caleta to meet a dive op, you'd still come in under your $50/night budget and have a full kitchen to make eating even cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom