Cozumel OW Cert trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maw001

Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from Cozumel where we completed our OW certification. What a great experience for both of us. We got in 8 dives over 3 1/2 days, including Chankanaab, Santa Rosa Wall, San Francisco Reef and a wreck dive (more of a wreck observation). Water temp was 79 degrees, and visibility varied from 80' to 200' plus on the wreck dive (assuming the reported 180' length of the wreck was accurate). Saw lots of marine life, including sea turtles, spiny lobster, barracuda and a few toadfish, all of which are an experience to see for the first time. Even better that we got to do it in one trip.

We stayed at Fiesta Americana and dove with The Dive House. While I don't have a lot to compare them to, I was thoroughly impressed with the professionalism and attention shown by the boat crew and especially the two dive masters from the Dive House. Fiesta Americana was great - simple, clean and convenient. Just walk out of your room, across the street and onto the dive boat. All in all, a great trip.

Maw001:
Glad you had a good time in Cozumel. Thanks for sharing your report.
And congrats to you and your wife, on being newly certified divers!
So, where are you going to dive next?

:gorgeous:

Good question, Natasha. My wife and I are already asking ourselves that. Since we are in Houston, the Flower Gardens and maybe some rig dives seem the logical choice in the next few months. After that, who knows? The dive shop is putting a trip together to the Caymans in December which looks inviting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom