Cozumel Trip Report 4/21-4/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardzard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Folks
Just returned from Cozumel
OK short trip report.

HOTEL - Occidental Grand Grade A+
Dive op - Dive Palancar Grade A

Dive sites - OUT OF THIS WORLD Grade A+++++++
Punta Tunich wall
Colombia Wall
Santa Rosa Wall
San Fransico wall
Palancar Caves
Palancar Grandens
Paso del Cedral
Cedral Wall
No Name reef
La Francesca
Dahlia Reef
French Lady ( Night dive)
Yucab reef (Night dive)

Well all I can say is this trip was just GREAT from every aspect and will be hard to top.

HOTEL was top notch 5 star and very good food

Dive Op - Was a little on the consevative side as far as bottom times 35-40min deep 70-90' 45-55min shallow 40-60' but every dive was was well explained and I was never told to end the dive due to others with problems. WE ALWAYS VOTED WHERE TO GO. All dive masters were very good and never rushed you you. Good surface times of about 45 mins to 1 hr. plenty of time to rest between dives. SHORT boat ride usally 15 mins or less. Big plus was divers using them were staying at same hotel as you or right next door.

I will be posting some of my favorite pictures from the dives in the members gallery over the next few days.
HIGHLIGHTS : 2 batfish in same picture & Famous but hard to get picture Cozumel Toadfish.

ONLY PROBLEM : Vacation ended

funkyspelunker:
I'd like to add Maracaibo to that list!! went to 140' and also saw a 7' Sailfish during the safety stop!

A big billfish came close enough to see? Wow! That's a rare treat!

Sounds like you had a great trip; no surprise there. I'll be there soon; there's a hammock at Bob's Marley Bar with my name on it!

Hiya Cardzard:

Great trip report. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. After seeing your pic I was wondering if you need a wetsuit or if your fur keeps you warm?

Nice report, cardzard. Night dive on the French Lady? Let's keep it clean, here, OK?

Back
Top Bottom