Cozumel Trip Report - May 12-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mle_osu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Below are links to my daily trip reports. We were in Cozumel May 12-16. Stayed at CaribeBlu and dove with Blue Angel. We enjoyed both the hotel and the dive operator. We have stayed at several other places and dove with several other operators over the years, but so far, we like CaribeBlu and BlueAngel the best. We also enjoyed the free WiFi and the restraunt was nice as well, even though there wasnt a huge variety to choose from. It was most enjoyable.

The Journey: Cozumel Vacation - Post 1
The Journey: Cozumel Vacation - Post 2
The Journey: Cozumel Vacation - Post 3
The Journey: Cozumel Vacation - Post 4
(the last post might be able to be in accidents/incidents - maybe my mom will post her side of the story there)

[post=235042]Night Dive Pictures[/post]
other photos: http://www.photoshop.com/user/emily...yid=9aa18b6e28d9445ebfc2978dae1ed348&wf=share

Last edited:
Great report Em...glad you had a good time even though the currents were weird.

Oh well, that's good practice for Barracuda/San Juan reefs. :D

Great report! Too bad about Santa Rosa - it's one of our all-time favorite sites. Hopefully 'mom' will give it another shot down the road ... some day when the currents aren't crazy.

Maybe so. I think next time we go, we will skip April/May - they said thats when the currents go crazy if its going to happen. Seems we go there about every other year - our next trip will be to a new destination I think. Bonaire maybe?

Maybe so. I think next time we go, we will skip April/May - they said thats when the currents go crazy if its going to happen. Seems we go there about every other year - our next trip will be to a new destination I think. Bonaire maybe?

I go there every May and have for the past 10 years or so, and this trip (May 3-17) was first time I have ever seen the currents anything like this. Folks who have lived on Cozumel for 20+ years were saying that they had never seen anything like it, either.

Nice report. I too love me some BA! Bee there next weeeeeek!!!!! :D

Thnx for the report and I am sorry to hear that the reefs have lost there color since wilma

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom