Cozumel vs. The Cayman Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree about the price thing and comparing apples to apples. It also may depend on what part of the country you live in too. I live in the Pacific NW and frankly, it will cost about the same for us to dive in GC as Cozumel. In comparing prices, I think we can get 2 weeks in GC for just slightly more than a week in Cozumel. The thing is that air fare is about the same for both places, and with our timeshare benefits, we can get a condo in GC for an extremely reasonable price.

Obviously the diving is different in both places, so I'll just have to get to both! <G>

I have both Cozumel (alot) and Caymen (6 times) and my suggestion would be for you to go to Curacao or Bonaire. I like Curacao for the ease of flights on American Airlines and the great shore diving. Captain Dons Habitat is a great place for you to go ... easyyy diving and shore diving too! I have been down ther 7 times. You will be able to dive as shallow as you want or as deep as you want with little to no current. Lots of reef and marine life to see. It is a great place to learn to dive like a pro. Personally I do not think Cozumel is a great place for beginners because of the currents. Hope you can have a good time at any place you decide to go.

Thanks for the suggestions and replies everyone! Wow... I can't believe I still have two more months to go, but will definitely make a post here when we return :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom