Cracked tooth/infection should I be worried?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call Alejandra Novoa Carus while your in Coz...she's great, and will do anything she can to help...at VERY reasonable pricing I might add. I usually have any dental work done while I'm down there.

She's at 30 Av.esq.con 1ra. Plaza Leones local 13
(987) 869-81-89 local

cozumel-dentist@hotmail.com

Great lady, great dentist, nothing but good things to say.

bubs

Call Alejandra Novoa Carus while your in Coz...she's great, and will do anything she can to help...at VERY reasonable pricing I might add. I usually have any dental work done while I'm down there.

She's at 30 Av.esq.con 1ra. Plaza Leones local 13
(987) 869-81-89 local

cozumel-dentist@hotmail.com

Great lady, great dentist, nothing but good things to say.

bubs
Thank you so kindly. I have not has any issues so far. I will keep this information handy.

I'm a diving dentist... :) Funny the retired owner of the office i work at dives too. Last time I was in Cabo ended up on a boat w a Brazilian Orthodontist. I suppose swimming in turquoid blue water is therapeutic for swimming in blood & saliva, LOL

Flying within 24 hrs after oral surgery may not be a good idea (pressure change can affect blood clot), not to mention no one to follow up on you in case of complication. Good thing some one provided a local dentist.

Also, i dont think it's a good idea to expose the tooth socket to regulator mouth breathing and sea water, there could be a good chance of dry socket, exposed non healing jaw bone, which is very painful.

Check with your dentist on whether there is an infection or a tooth cavity that could led to septicemia or tooth squeeze, and if it can be managed with non invasive procedures & medication.

Just my opinion, sorry I am not able to give actual professional advice since this is not the right setting and not having seen your xrays, etc.

Good luck, Im envious swimming in saliva...

Been to the dentist. Dentists aren't divers. Looking for diver experiences to supplement the dentist that prescribes pain meds and antibiotics.
Prange Sean Dr in Parksville, BC - Weblocal.ca this one is a tech diver.
I would get my extraction done in Mexico if you're going there anyway. Way cheaper. I had a toothache once while on vacation, went to dental med in Tulum and got an x-ray and a prescription for antibiotics and pain meds. Cost about $40.

I'm a diving dentist... :) Funny the retired owner of the office i work at dives too. Last time I was in Cabo ended up on a boat w a Brazilian Orthodontist. I suppose swimming in turquoid blue water is therapeutic for swimming in blood & saliva, LOL

Flying within 24 hrs after oral surgery may not be a good idea (pressure change can affect blood clot), not to mention no one to follow up on you in case of complication. Good thing some one provided a local dentist.

Also, i dont think it's a good idea to expose the tooth socket to regulator mouth breathing and sea water, there could be a good chance of dry socket, exposed non healing jaw bone, which is very painful.

Check with your dentist on whether there is an infection or a tooth cavity that could led to septicemia or tooth squeeze, and if it can be managed with non invasive procedures & medication.

Just my opinion, sorry I am not able to give actual professional advice since this is not the right setting and not having seen your xrays, etc.

Good luck, Im envious swimming in saliva...
Thank you, I put off the extraction and have not had any trouble with the tooth at all. 3 more dive days so crossing my fingers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom