Craigslist compressor help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

king_of_battle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Bauer High Pressure Breathing Air Compressor 5000 psi

I know this is an ad for a paintball compressor so at a minimum I need to change out the filters. Other than looking at hours in service and servicing history what should I be looking for? It seems like a great deal and the price is right where I want it - even if I need to do a little maintenance to get it up to speed.

Bauer High Pressure Breathing Air Compressor 5000 psi

I know this is an ad for a paintball compressor so at a minimum I need to change out the filters. Other than looking at hours in service and servicing history what should I be looking for? It seems like a great deal and the price is right where I want it - even if I need to do a little maintenance to get it up to speed.
Looks like a sweet deal. You won’t have to change the filter housing, just buy the right cartridge. If just for yourself, 7.5 hp is a little much, I think you’d be happier with 5 hp. About a 9 CFM compressor.

They are selling as is. If you could install a plug, you could listen to it. That would be a good thing. It will rattle and bang on startup, but should settle down as soon as pressure starts to build.

Thanks for the advice. I reached out to them - if someone didn't already snag it I'm hoping I can check it out this weekend.
I'm somewhat familiar with compressors from being on a volunteer fire department but we use LP bottles so i can't really use that for my HP tanks without a super short fill. Our compressor is an oooold mako K14 if I remember correctly.
Right now I see filling 2-3 people's doubles with this. Maybe one day once I'm more comfortable building and adding on a trimix stik. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom