Crazy - 1080p cam + 180' housing for $270?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The main factor that affects this is the angle of view. Neither of these cameras have any mechanical image stabilization.

I'm not sure if it is mechanical, but the Hero HD has image stabilization. I had suggested it in an email and was told it already had this feature.

Hi everyone,

We at Backscatter are excited about the potential of this camera and have signed up to become a dealer. Our first shipment of these cameras is coming November 15th, and we will be eager to test one out and let everyone know what we think about its use underwater. Certainly for surf applications, it looks like a real winner.

Best,

Sterling

Now we are talking! If Backscatter stocks them then we can hold them in our hand and look at them. Hopefully you guys put some videos out on the web and on a store computer at Backscatter for demonstration purposes. I will be interested to see what they can do. Heck of a lot cheaper than a housing; scratch that...port for my D300.

helmetcameracentral.com still says shipping first week of November... Time is running out for that deadline though. I am not holding my breath.

Fun!

The review states that the underwater housing is only good to 100'? I assume this is a typo since the product lit says 180' (I know the old SD Hero case only went to 100').

Yeah, I am assuming the more recent specs are correct.

Just got this email from the vendor. It's gonna be a while longer...

---

Dear valued HCC customer,

If you've received this email you have a pre-order for a GoPro HD HERO with us. Gopro has finally communicated a firm date that they will be shipping the cameras to us. They will ship the Helmet HEROs to us this Friday, and we should receive them towards the end of next week. We should be in a position to ship them late next week. We realize this is later than many of you were anticipating (including us) and we apologize about that.

Unfortunately it looks like we will not be receiving the Surf and Motorport HERO cameras until mid-November. This is completely unexpected as we anticipated receiving all the cameras at the same time.

We value your business and sincerely apologize about this unfortunate situation. We realize many of you had planned to use these cameras in the upcoming weeks for vacations and film shoots. As is always the case with pre-orders, we have not charged your card and you can cancel your order any time.

If you have questions or concerns about this, please do not reply to this email, instead email us at support@helmetcameracentral.com

Thank you,

Helmet Camera Central Support

888-409-4408

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom