Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nereas, i never said i was a rocket scientist, nor have i tried to act like one. you twist others words to fit the meaning that you want.
Captain, my question wasn't really a question. I just felt like messing with nereas. If you will go back and read some of his posts you will see why. The guy is a fool, plain and simple. I am an atheist, but know from the evidence i have seen that evolution is real.
theres what i actually said.
...my question wasn't really a question...I am an atheist...
and there is what you twisted it too. You sir are demented, there should be a way to ban fools like you from public forums.

nereas, i never said i was a rocket scientist, nor have i tried to act like one. you twist others words to fit the meaning that you want. theres what i actually said. and there is what you twisted it too. You sir are demented, there should be a way to ban fools like you from public forums.

It does not take much to see through your false accusations.

One of the many names of Lucifer means precisely this, false accusor.

So then, we know who your god really is, whether you yourself also know it or not. And therefore you are no atheist, either.

Excellent overview! Not that I expect any of the atheistics and/or satan-worshippers to consider it, but excellent no less!

In order to worship a silly, pitch-fork toting, horned, goatee having, deitity, you must first believe that he actually exsists.

It does not take much to see through your false accusations.

One of the many names of Lucifer means precisely this, false accusor.

So then, we know who your god really is, whether you yourself also know it or not. And therefore you are no atheist, either.

You have to be the most arrogant person i have ever conversed with. Who are you to tell me what i am? You will now be put on ignore, why i didnt do this a long time ago is beyond me. Your mind is closed so tight im surprised the oxygenated blood to keep it alive can even reach it.

You have to be the most arrogant person i have ever conversed with. Who are you to tell me what i am? You will now be put on ignore, why i didnt do this a long time ago is beyond me. Your mind is closed so tight im surprised the oxygenated blood to keep it alive can even reach it.

Look OK I see that you need to have the last word, and I will grant you that. But please understand that you clearly do not qualify as an atheist.

Atheists are simply impartial and believe in nothing beyond science and philosophy. Take a look at Thal, he is a very dignified atheist. And a scientist.

You on the other hand falsely accuse, and that you have gotten from your god, whose name is "false accusor." And so what if you cannot see it? Do you think this changes the reality? If your philosophy skills were a little better, then you would also see it yourself.

There is what you call yourself, and then there is what you really are. C'est la vive.

I don't think the catholic church puts humans outside of evolution; in fact, both John Paul II and Pius XII seem to agree that only the human sole is excluded:

"Pius XII underlined the essential point: if the origin of the human body comes through living matter which existed previously, the spiritual soul is created directly by God"
Jean Paul II; 1999.

Pope John Paul II 22 October 1996 To Pontifical Academy of Sciences

And if it is the official church position, that man is "immune" from evolution, then they are wrong - every major part of evolution has been observed in humans. We know our mutation rate - 3.75 point mutation/generation; ~12 indels, and larger mutation (chromosomal rearrangements, large-scale deletion/duplication, etc) occur at a rate of about 1:250 people.

Likewise, inheritance of new mutations has been observed numerous times. The newest literature showing this - but far from the only literature on the subject - is research showing that about 7% of cases of autism are a direct results of new mutations.

Likewise, selection has been observed to occur - there are several examples, but one of the most clear-cut case is the selection of HLA-A*6802 and HLA-B18 alleles in high-risk women frequently exposed to HIV. These alleles give some immunity to infection by HIV, and are enriched in high-risk portions of populations, but not in the low-risk segment of the same population.

So mutation, inheritance, and selection has been observed. And that is the trifecta upon which evolution is based.

Bryan

Wow, what a wonderful link! I did not know this existed, and I was incorrect in stating the view of the church. I try to get these things right, but am not always correct. Thanks for the info!
and just another question, are HLA-A*6802 or HLA-B18 known colloquially as the 'delta 32 allele'? I have heard of this from several sources, but can never seem to get a straight answer. It, when inherited from both parents (homozygous) apparently changes the structure of the plasma membrane in human cells, which basically doesn't allow the HIV virus in- you can still get HIV, but it can't replicate in your body. Any ideas about this?

-Crocs

Nereas, what drugs / medications are you taking?

Oh for jimminy christmas' sake. Look what you've gone and done nereas. Nereass, be a true christian and appologize to sandmanz and beg God's forgiveness for your vanity and harsh words against our brother, sandmanz.

It saddens me to read the posts from the atheists challenging the existence of God, mocking God and insulting God's dearest, the believers. I am praying for ALL of you.

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God"- Romans 14:11.

God's Word says that every knee shall bow to Him. Every knee, which includes the knee from the atheist as well! If you have passed on, that will be to late. The time is now to accept God's grace through the sacrifice of Jesus. Bow to Him now while you still have the opportunity.

Charles Spurgeon said:
"The moment we start to live, we begin to die. Death is the end of dying, not the end of living".

What do you, the atheist, think happens to your soul when your body dies? Do you perhaps believe in reincarnation or maybe a second change when you will realise that God does exists? What is the point of living if you don't believe in God? Surely that must be the most unsatisfactory purpose of life.

What do you, the atheist, think happens to your soul when your body dies? Do you perhaps believe in reincarnation or maybe a second change when you will realise that God does exists? What is the point of living if you don't believe in God? Surely that must be the most unsatisfactory purpose of life.

I think my body rots into the ground (well I could be cremated for sure, but you get the idea :wink:), and that my consciousness disappears when I die. Actually, I find my life has so much more purpose and is far more exciting now that I no longer believe in God. Basically I only have a very very short amount of time to make the most of. No waiting until a 'better life in heaven', all I have is now so I am damn well going to make the most of it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom