Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "brother" is someone who shares the same faith. Thus you are completely mistaken.

Here is how that vocabulary works out, at least in the ancient Greek New Testament:

A "neighbor" is not a brother, but one who lives in close proximity within the same nation.

A "stranger" is of another nation.

An "enemy" is someone who attacks you.

So take another guess!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

OK OK.....My dear brother, nereass, what would GOd and Jeebus want you to do to Sandmanz in this situation?

And I am thinking when we get to heaven, God will be in the form of Angelina Jolie. I'd serve her, get on my knees and repent, and eat the corn out of her poop, if I had to:wink:
263130.jpg

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

OK OK.....My dear brother, nereass, what would GOd and Jeebus want you to do to Sandmanz in this situation?

And I am thinking when we get to heaven, God will be in the form of Angelina Jolie. I'd serve her, get on my knees and repent, and eat the corn out of her poop, if I had to:wink:
263130.jpg

lol, dude you crack me up.

the problem with his definitions is they are 2000 years old, and in hebrew, or greek, or someother language that is really irrelevant. in present time a brother, is someone blood related to you, a neighbor is someone who lives below you and always takes your damn parking spot, a stranger is when i sit on my left hand untill it goes numb and well.....i won't go into the rest, and an enemy....apparently is anyone who voices an opinion other than your own and stands behind it.

o and i totally agree about the whole angelina thing :eyebrow:

The only thing i really have to say is whats with all the talk about ancient languages? Who cares what a fable written in a book translates into? This thread is SUPPOSED to be about creationism vs evolution. How does ancient translations of the bible have anything to do with that, and why does it keep getting brought up? I'm just surprised this thing has went on for 129 pages and the mods haven't deleted it yet. Granted Thal, warthog, deco, and a few other science minded fellows have posted some excellent info on here. I enjoyed reading their posts, felt like i learned a good bit about something actually useful from them. I did skip right over any of the religious users posts on the matter, mainly because the contents of most of there links were pure nonsence about the divine. I even heard some of them trying to argue that evolution is just a "theory" and not fact. Apparantly, they dont understand that calling any of a scientists work a theory is a great compliment to them, and their work. For those of you who dont know a theory is something that hasn't been disproven yet. At least i had a good day of diving today!

a brother, is someone blood related to you, a neighbor is someone who lives below you and always takes your damn parking spot, a stranger is when i sit on my left hand untill it goes numb and well.....i won't go into the rest....

I agree.

:thumbs_up: about the stranger, too:rofl3:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

To those who have resisted name calling, thank you, and sorry I have to close the sandbox to all the children for the lack of self control from a few. To the rest... since you can't play nice you're expelled from this sandbox. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom