Creature from the Black Lagoon, our hero passes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
It's a sad day for us Creature of the Black Lagoon fans and Floridians.
I never got to meet Ricou Sr., but I worked with his son on a number of film and television productions through the years. (You can look them both up on imdb.com)
Growing up I enjoyed watching the Creature films, Gentle Ben and Flipper -- and of course Sea Hunt. For me, it's like a cinematic time capsule of the Florida I was born in, and we'd often go out and enjoy our own adventures on our grandparent's houseboats, swimming in springs, (looking for the creature), and trying scuba for the first time at Weeki Wachee.
My family still gets together to watch the Creature films, and rarely do I go underwater at a spring where I don't think about Ricou's Creature swimming in Wakulla and Silver Springs.

I was raised on all the Samuel Z Arkoff creature features. But The Creature of the Black Lagoon and the Black Scorpion were the two that stood out (although the Creature wasn’t Arkoff). I too remember Florida before Disney and feel we’ve lost something wild and wonderful. Great post! Thanks! Sad news indeed.

I saw CFBL in 8th grade at a school fundraiser. It was on the big screen with 3D glasses. I had a major crush on the heroine. I don't know if that movie could be shown in a FL school event today. Desantis would find something objectionable.

I saw CFBL in 8th grade at a school fundraiser. It was on the big screen with 3D glasses. I had a major crush on the heroine. I don't know if that movie could be shown in a FL school event today. Desantis would find something objectionable.
Quite the contrary my friend. I doubt Governor DeSantis would have any objections to a movie depicting, as you correctly observed, a womanly woman along with manly men.

Quite the contrary my friend. I doubt Governor DeSantis would have any objections to a movie depicting, as you correctly observed, a womanly woman along with manly men.
you might be right, the indigenous POC does die for getting too handsy with the white women....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom