Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ages

Contributor
Reaction score
We were diving today at a spot where we find lots of old steamship pottery....and found the right side of a human skull!! :eek: It had been underwater a long time....we dive this area frequently and have never found anything like this there. Very creepy....so I am wondering what other creepy things have been found?

Wow Ages -- I've read a few of your posts, and it sounds like you have some interesting diving up there in Juneau!

The only (slightly) creepy I've found were some smooth white disks (2-3cm) in the Sea of Cortez. They turned out to be sea lion vertebrae.

I was diving one day and I came upon .......................................................Syruss .!!!!!

Man that was creepy..............

Butch :peace:

Syruss...................I told u mom luved me best hehehe

Originally posted by Butch103
I was diving one day and I came upon .......................................................Syruss .!!!!!

Man that was creepy..............

Butch :peace:

Syruss...................I told u mom luved me best hehehe

Ouch that hurts.....

If I found me in the water I'd run or fin-kick really hard. I haven't found anything creepy yet, but we did find a 8' x 10' metal great in the lake I have been diving, seemed outta place. We tried to move it to see if anything was under it but it was too heavy for 2 of us to move.

On our deepest dive we found a skull in Truk (can't remember the wreck right now). The dive guide quickly put it back in a cupboard (!) after we left the room so as to thrill the next group of divers. Seemed wrong to me, but then... there was a lot wrong with Truk.

Bill
Bill@pwrvideo.com
http://www.pwrvideo.com

Originally posted by Video Diver
Seemed wrong to me, but then... there was a lot wrong with Truk.

What do you mean about there being a lot wrong with Truk? It's on my wishlist of places I want to dive.... so you have me curious!

Julie

I'm not sure this qualifies as creepy, or just potentially creepy, but one time while exploring a tunnel, we found a tank/reg/BC. All rigged up, with 1000 + PASI in the tank. The tunnel was not very tight, and it was not so convoluted as to get lost in , so we never really knew just what had happened. Some possibilities are okay, funny, but most , just scary'.
Mike

Jay,
It was weird.And some time ago (early 80's), so my details may be slim- but it is not easily forgotten.We were somewhere in NJ- I think south of Barnegat( I wasn't driving the car or the boat, so who paid attention.)
The tunnel was not deep (40-50 ') nor was it very large -the "local" diver ( he lived in the area and owned the boat we used) estimated it was approx 75-100 ft in length(I thought it was shorter),in "length"with an average "width"of 3-4 '(about right)-sort of a very long swim through.
Anyway, 3 of us searched the area in and around the tunnel, looking for ???, while the other 2 returned to the boat. While they brought the boat back to where we were, the "boat sitter" radio'd it in .
When some of our air supplies got low, we surfaced, boarded the boat, and stayed there for about an hour. As it was getting to be dusk, we dove back with the two least empty tanks, and retrieved the gear.
The guy who owned the boat took the gear to the police,along with the info as to what happened.
Perhaps most creepily, that was the end of the story. Nobody ever reported a loss, and nobody was reported missing-weird.
A month or so later, my friend with the boat claimed the gear- but never used it. I don't blame him.
As I said, weird!!,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom