Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that fireworm that bit my dive buddy was kinda creepy
:coffee:

It was late 80's and I'd just moved here. I went out with some local divers since the water was low and you could see part of the submerged city.. Mostly foundations, chimney's, fences.. it was pretty cool at first. Then burried 2/3 in heavy silt was coffin with a skeletonized hand partly exposed in the just open lid.

Needless to say I booked the heck out of there! [I don't think I've swam that fast to this day!!!!]

We told local authorities but they just said "Oh Yeah, there are lots of those! They never quite completed moving the cemetery before it was flooded."

I still live less than 2 mi from the Lake but NEVER have had an interest in diving there again.

On a dive this past weekend on a site in Asia where a recent death took place a crucifix has put in place in memory of one of the divers. While looking at this crucifix my dive buddy wipe off the silt when bubbles started to come out of the top of the cross. After the dive the dive my buddy was a little "excited" about this. I have no explanation how this happened.

I do believe in the resurrection and the bubbles might have been still working there way out of the crucifix.
2009 - 2011 pretty cool to bring this one back.
Bodies are always creepy whether above or below water it is a human thing.
Have been diving in a lot of local lakes and found some neat things as well.
Bones are usually more interesting than scary but if they look human we have tried to mark the location and take a sample to the DNR.
So far they have been animal.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

came across a cinder block one day with a length of rope attached.... at the other end of the rope was a cat skeleton... Creepy? Depends on your perspective....

This thread started in 2001? Haha

On a dive in Lake Lanier near Atlanta, GA, I came across a sealed ziplock bag with something white and heavy. After the dive, back on shore, I opened the bag and found a pair of men's underwear wrapped in a rock. That was grotesque enough but then my imagination took over and seriously grossed me out. Whatever the story of the underwear was, it had to be so distrubing that someone was compelled to weight them down, sealed them in plastic and throw them off a bridge into the deepest, darkest part of the lake. I couldn't wash my hands enough.
Some have said that the really gross part of the story was just diving in Lake Lanier.

Once found the BCD with bottle of the divemaster under the boat when I came back from a dive. For a moment that was creepy. Once up and on the boat, the divemaster was already there. The BCD was broken and held no air, so he went up (10m) and let it there, assuming somebody of the group would take it up.

One of our most popular local dive sites has a cross at about 45 fsw ... as a memorial to a young man who died there a few years back. Someone has gotten into the habit of putting urns at the base of the cross, with what amounts to an advertisement for a local crematorium fixed to the urn. I have no idea whether the urns contain someone's ashes ... but they've been retrieved and returned to the crematorium several times now, and they keep reappearing.

Seems to me like a pretty creepy way to advertise your services ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

that fireworm that bit my dive buddy was kinda creepy
:coffee:

Fireworms are kinda pretty (as long as you don't touch 'em) ...

B06-033.jpg

Bloodworms, on the other hand, are creepy ...

CIMG6725.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom