Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thread. I can't believe I've gone back and read through everything. LOL.

I've never found anything great. But we do a summer trip up to "Gangster Island" in North Twin Lake, WI every summer with a group of diving friends. The 8 bedroom house was owned by Capone's doctor and many of Capone and his gangster friends summered there. So we fancy finding a tommy gun in the water (never have). Last year we did find a bunch of old bricks (from the early 1900s) and a bunch of rope. None of the rope was attached to the bricks but we like to "think" that there were bodies attached to those ropes and brick (even though no bones were found).

Finally, one of the guys found a badass eagles talon...but not in the water. It was gross.

On the Yukon in San Diego, I came across the freshly severed head of a soupfin shark impaled on a metal spar such that the spar was coming out the shark's mouth. This was the middle of the week and no other boats in sight. Someone had to catch the shark, cut its head off, and swim it down to 85fsw and jam it on a piece of metal.

Was that recently? I'll be diving the Yukon for the first time this weekend; I'd like to know if I should be looking Vlad the (shark) Impaler...

A decapitated sea lion at Anacapa Island, creepy thing was the carcass was untouched but the skull which was 30 feet away was stripped clean.

A life sized iron mask complete with holes for the eyes and nostrils and hair parted in the middle.

I believe it is actual iron too, rather than steel.

Everybody who sees it agrees it is one of the creepiest things they have seen.

A life sized iron mask complete with holes for the eyes and nostrils and hair parted in the middle.

I believe it is actual iron too, rather than steel.

Everybody who sees it agrees it is one of the creepiest things they have seen.

:shocked2:pIIIIICS!

:shocked2:pIIIIICS!

mask1.jpgmask2.jpgmask3.jpg

I found this half buried and looking up out of the mud at me. By far the strangest thing I have found underwater. I threw in the double hose to give some perspective on the size.

My wife thinks it is cursed and doesn't know I have it in the house.

This is the website for Ecclestone Delph, an old quarry now used as an inland dive site: Police Probe Mystery of Butchered Corpse

In 1979, before it was run as an organised site, two divers found a handless corpse. One has to congratulate them; almost everybody who visits 'Eccy Swamp' complains the visibility is appalling!

I don't suppose ladies underwear, size XXXL, qualifies as creepy, huh? Roatan about six years ago ...

Back
Top Bottom