Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn D

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got my 3 year old Cressi Leonardo dive watch out and it had a flat battery,
Replaced it but now has no display, it beeps and the backlight works,
Please can anyone help on got any advice what to do.
Regards Glenn

Try removing the battery and reinserting, also check the voltage of the new battery.

-Z

Try removing the battery and reinserting, also check the voltage of the new battery.

-Z
Thanks, have done that the voltage same and same type of battery so think its the watch is faulty, was working fine last time I dived but that was over a year ago

I would try contacting Cressi: I can't think of anything other than dead watch, but they may know something I don't. How long has the new battery been in? -- they must have some sort of "supercapacitor" gizmo inside that keeps dive history alive when battery is removed, I wonder if that needs time to charge up...

Upping that message, I have the exact same issue.

1 year without diving, worked fine on the last dive, tried to turn it on but nothing happened so I assumed it was the battery
Got a new battery, same voltage as the previous one, put it in - now the computer bips when I push buttons but nothing on the display (and no backlighting).
My Giotto is also 3 year old.

I tried contacting Cressi but it's already out of warranty so not expecting much. Anything else I could do ? (except not buying Cressi sh*t ever again and making sure I tell everyone I meet in a dive shop/on a boat :D)

Hi guys, adding my experience here because it may help others with the same issue. Had exactly the same problem reported, changed the battery and the display no longer worked, it only beeped. Ended up sending it to Cressi and apparently they managed to get it working again, so it's not a death sentence. May be worth a shot if you don't want to spend money on a new computer.

I also have the same problem with my leonardo, last year the battery ran out on my last dive, and now when I buy a new battery and install it, all the signs on the screen work at first, then the screen turns off and only beeps are heard. Anyone find a solution?

Did anyone find a solution to this problem. I have same problem. It was working fine but then left 4 months , new battery fitted,when battery is fitted it lights up display comes on then goes off with a single beep and no display. Press the button and it just beeps

Same issue. Cressi eventually replied to my email, but they're avoiding the question of whether they can fix it. Instead, they're trying to get me to work with the shop that sold it to me, who isn't responding at all.

Back
Top Bottom