Cressi Scorpion vs Aqualung rogue vs Scubapro hydros ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyberduck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I’m looking for a new quality back-inflated BCD that I hope I will keep several years.
I would prefer one to be travel friendly, although sturdy enough to allow more engaged dives.
Also, with weigh pockets as well.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks !

I think it's cheaper for you to get an AL backpate and a 30lbs wing, You will be more comfortable, it will be more durable and sturdy and you can easily fix it or upgrade it when you want.

I dive the Outlaw (stripped down version of the Rogue). My only complaint is the orientation of the integrated weights. The vertical orientation make its quite difficult, in my experience anyway, to insert the weight pockets if you are wearing the BCD. The Rogue uses the same pockets. The problem doesn't come up too often but it's a bit of a pain when it does, If I need to do a weight adjustment I actually need a buddy to help reinsert the pockets.

I do appreciate the switchable bladders as I travel with the small one for warm water but can swap in the larger bladder and use it at home with my dry-suit.

I picked up a hydros last year and then dived Komodo. I can inform you the BCD is very travel friendly and I really enjoyed diving with it - much more than jacket type BC that had used for years.

I have the Aqualung Rogue and like it quite a bit. I've enjoyed it much more than traditional jacket-style BCDs. However, I wish I'd just gone ahead and bought a backplate and wing.

I was going with the rogue when I was gearing up. My lds rented it, I liked it quite a bit more than the jacket style id been using. But I ended up with a transpaq instead. I like it quite a bit a well.

I just finished a 27-dive liveaboard in the Caribbean with the Aqualung Rogue and have zero complaints. I'm very happy with my purchase and I think it is a good option for divers wanting a wing setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom