Cressi Travelight storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CUMBIAMAN

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a Cressi Tavelight bcd and am wondering what would be the best practice for storing long term (weeks - months). As a good travel BCD it can be compacted and placed into a bag, but how convenient is it?

My wife’s just bought one too, it arrived yesterday.
It’s designed to be folded and placed in the bag it comes in, so I don’t see any issues with storing it like that. However, you must ensure it’s properly dry inside and out before storing it in that way to prevent mould build up etc.
After use, if you can, I would just hang it on a coat hanger in a cool dark dry place (after rinsing and drying of course) and just fold it for packing for travel, although placing it flat in your suitcase might actually work better...

I have had one for several months, use weekly. I always rinse, clean and dry thoroughly and put on a BCD hanger with a little bit of air in it in my closet. Helps keep it from developing permanent creases and every time I see in the closet it reminds me it is time to go get in the water again.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom