Crew Cab Pickup in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
The one and only trip I've taken to Bonaire was with one other person and we rented a small pickup that just fit us and a bed full of cylinders. Headd back to Bonaire in May and we might be 3-4 people this time. Never did look closely at the other vehicles, but is it possible to rent a crew cab (4-door) pickup on the island? If so, who is my best bet and what price would I be looking at? I'd earlier gotten recommendations to look at using Telerin, but I honestly just need something reliable. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

I have only been twice, most recently two years ago, and I don't recall seeing any that were not 4 door crew cabs, although not at all comparable in size to my F150.

The one and only trip I've taken to Bonaire was with one other person and we rented a small pickup that just fit us and a bed full of cylinders. Headd back to Bonaire in May and we might be 3-4 people this time. Never did look closely at the other vehicles, but is it possible to rent a crew cab (4-door) pickup on the island? If so, who is my best bet and what price would I be looking at? I'd earlier gotten recommendations to look at using Telerin, but I honestly just need something reliable. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

All I see are crew cabs....

jim...

ab carrental has 4 doors AB Car Rental Bonaire - Our Rental Cars They might be one of the lower priced options.

We rented from Budget at the airport and the truck was a Toyota double cab:
Capture.JPG

The new Buddy Dive trucks - if you're staying there:
http://www.buddydive.com/blankslate/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/car_rental.jpg

Last edited:
Not staying at a resort, so need to source the truck ourselves. I'll check out Budget, AB, and Telerin. Any other suggestions? I've heard prices are around $400/week with insurance. Does that sound about right?

If AB turns out to be cheaper, they also have an airport pick-up/drop-off option.
All AB Car Rental customers benefit from our Free Taxi and Luggage Service between Bonaire International Airport and the close by AB Car Rental office. If you've reserved your rental car before arrival on Bonaire, a taxi driver will be waiting for you at the Airport with a nameplate (with your name). This taxi driver will help you with your luggage and take you to the nearby AB Car Rental office free of charge.

It is also possible to give us a call at +599 717 8980 and we will pick you up from the Airport or your accommodation. When returning your rental car at the AB Car Rental office after your vacation, we will take you back to the Airport at your convenience.

Back
Top Bottom